Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Using Munich Malt  (Read 18676 times)

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
Re: Using Munich Malt
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »
Where did you order it from. That sounds like a good price. I'm thinking about ordering a bag as well.

I have to order it through my LHBS which gets it from Crosby&Baker. I'm not sure if they distribute to Delaware HBSs.

Kai

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 08:03:46 pm »
ok I will have to give the BM light munich a try. looks like they also have a 10-12L dark munich, do you have any experience with it?

No I don't and probably won't for a while. I just ordered myself a bag of Weyermann Munich II. Looks like the price went down. It's "just" $56 now. The price for Weyermann used to be in the 60s.

Kai

Kai - how can you say that when a few posts before you say you're about done with best dark Munich ?

Confused :-[
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »
ok I will have to give the BM light munich a try. looks like they also have a 10-12L dark munich, do you have any experience with it?

No I don't and probably won't for a while. I just ordered myself a bag of Weyermann Munich II. Looks like the price went down. It's "just" $56 now. The price for Weyermann used to be in the 60s.

Kai

Kai - how can you say that when a few posts before you say you're about done with best dark Munich ?

Confused :-[

I read jaybeermanns comment too fast and assumed that he would have seen my comment about the BM Dark Munich in the beginning of this thread. Yes, I do have experience with this malt and I didn't like it. However, this is just the opinion of one brewer and other may have had better experiences or used it in a way that worked better for their brewing.

Kai

jaybeerman

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »
I read jaybeermanns comment too fast and assumed that he would have seen my comment about the BM Dark Munich in the beginning of this thread. Yes, I do have experience with this malt and I didn't like it. However, this is just the opinion of one brewer and other may have had better experiences or used it in a way that worked better for their brewing.
Kai

ummm...check the first page of this thread  ;)

Blatz,

Hey, that was at least three days and a whole page ago, I seriously hope you don't expect me to remember things that far back.  ;D

Maybe I need to try weyermann dark again and best light munich for the first time. Thanks blatz and kai

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:48:59 pm by jaybeerman »