Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 12/10 Edition  (Read 4929 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 12/10 Edition
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 10:33:46 am »
BJCP Exam tasting retake.

Good Luck Tom!
Ron Price

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 01:16:42 pm »
Currently brewing my Winter Warmer, which I'm going to call either "Born in a Blizzard" or "Snowmageddon" (I chilled my starter in a snowbank during the storm, hence the name).  

Crazy weather here in Minneapolis.  About 2 feet of snow between Friday and Saturday, butt cold today (7 degrees currently), and the freaking metrodome collapsed!!  I can't even see my boil since there's basically a permanent billow of steam emanating from my kettle!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:23:17 pm by Pawtucket Patriot »
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 03:22:44 pm »
Currently brewing my Winter Warmer, which I'm going to call either "Born in a Blizzard" or "Snowmageddon" (I chilled my starter in a snowbank during the storm, hence the name).  
Crazy weather here in Minneapolis.  About 2 feet of snow between Friday and Saturday, butt cold today (7 degrees currently), and the freaking metrodome collapsed!!  I can't even see my boil since there's basically a permanent billow of steam emanating from my kettle!

That's alot of snow in a short period of time...been there done that. Alarming news about the metrodome. At least noone got hurt, at least I haven't heard that.

At least you got to brew.  8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:25:56 pm by bluesman »
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »
BJCP Exam tasting retake.

Good Luck Tom!
I think I'll try to save that luck for next time :)

I was a total of 27 points off of the proctors on the 4 beers tasted, so I don't see any way I can get master unless everything else is pretty much perfect.  Of course the proctors themselves were far apart on all of the beers, including 18 points apart on one beer, so it's all screwed up.  I was within 2 points of one of the proctors on all 4 of the beers, but once they reconciled they moved away from me.  ::)  I was planning to do a written retake in April, but maybe I'll do a tasting retake for that one too. :-\
Tom Schmidlin