Author Topic: Homebrewopedia Beer Recipes  (Read 36227 times)

Offline hammerhead

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Re: Homebrewopedia Beer Recipes
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 08:17:48 AM »
I agree with Roffenburger, that a good idea. Everyone woul love to know other homebrewers opinion of their recipe.

Offline micahepic

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »
If you're looking for a beer recipe, or have one you'd like to share, check out

http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BeerRecipes
Any of my brewing brethern have some info on an all grain clone of the firestone double jack ipa?   

Offline malzig

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
I notice that a lot of the beer recipes are in the wrong category (for example all but one of the recipes in the Ordinary Bitter category are actually Special Bitters), but I don't see a way to edit the category that a recipe is placed under.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
Are you logged in too the wiki?  Give me an example of one that needs to be changed and I'll give it a try.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

Offline malzig

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
Are you logged in too the wiki?  Give me an example of one that needs to be changed and I'll give it a try.
I'm clearly out of my depth. 

I tried to move the recipe called "Standard/Ordinary Bitter", unsuccessfully, but the "Crooked Tooth Bitter" recipe seems to have disappeared (I didn't think I was even editing that one...)

Anyway, I think I'm best off leaving the wiki alone...
See if you can fix the damage I seem to have done.

Offline dking3

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
    • BIER Website
IPA with all Columbus Hops
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
I looked at my hop inventory, and I've got lots of both Columbus pellets and whole hops in the freezer.  I'm thinking of making a Rye IPA with all Columbus.  I've got 2 lb of rye malt, which should be OK for a 6 gallon, 1.070 O.G. with 2 row and some crystal malt.  Anyone know if all Columbus would be a bad idea?   ???    Thanks,
Dave King, President of BIER
AHA member, Private in the BN Army

Offline hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
    • View Profile
Re: IPA with all Columbus Hops
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
I looked at my hop inventory, and I've got lots of both Columbus pellets and whole hops in the freezer.  I'm thinking of making a Rye IPA with all Columbus.  I've got 2 lb of rye malt, which should be OK for a 6 gallon, 1.070 O.G. with 2 row and some crystal malt.  Anyone know if all Columbus would be a bad idea?   ???    Thanks,

Denny's Rye IPA uses Columbus (http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/DCRyeIPA) but not all Columbus.  Columbus is pretty powerful so it seems you might want to temper it a little with something else.
Joe

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »

Dave, take a look at my recipe.  The combo of Mt. Hood and Columbus adds a wonderful complexity.  You could do all Columbus if you want, but it might be a bit intense.  Not necessarily a bad idea, but maybe not the best, either.  Also, My recipe uses 18% rye malt.  My taste buds tell me that less than about 15% is really hard to detect.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • I must live here
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »

I tried to move the recipe called "Standard/Ordinary Bitter", unsuccessfully, but the "Crooked Tooth Bitter" recipe seems to have disappeared (I didn't think I was even editing that one...)

Standard/ordinary Bitter is a category, not a recipe.  It's still there and if you click on it, the Crooked Tooth Bitter recipe is there, too.  No harm, no foul.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline dking3

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
    • BIER Website
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »

Dave, take a look at my recipe.  The combo of Mt. Hood and Columbus adds a wonderful complexity.  You could do all Columbus if you want, but it might be a bit intense.  Not necessarily a bad idea, but maybe not the best, either.  Also, My recipe uses 18% rye malt.  My taste buds tell me that less than about 15% is really hard to detect.

Thanks Denny, Joe, the issue is living so far out in the middle of nowhere.  But, I might be able to get to a homebrew shop in Rochester, NY in a week or so, and if I do, I'll pick up some Mt. Hood and more rye malt, but I doubt they'll have the latter (I just sent them a note asking).  The next time I do a mail order, I'll definitely add rye malt. 

Offline dking3

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
    • BIER Website
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »

Thanks Denny, Joe, the issue is living so far out in the middle of nowhere.  But, I might be able to get to a homebrew shop in Rochester, NY in a week or so, and if I do, I'll pick up some Mt. Hood and more rye malt, but I doubt they'll have the latter (I just sent them a note asking).  The next time I do a mail order, I'll definitely add rye malt. 

BTW, I've got Amarillo, Centennial, Chinook, US Goldings, Northern Brewer, and my homegrown Cascades in the freezer, but I'll bet you wouldn't say any of these would be good substitutes for Mt. Hood. 

Offline malzig

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Are you logged in too the wiki?  Give me an example of one that needs to be changed and I'll give it a try.

Standard/ordinary Bitter is a category, not a recipe.  It's still there and if you click on it, the Crooked Tooth Bitter recipe is there, too.  No harm, no foul.
Someone placed a Special Bitter recipe called "Standard/Ordinary Bitter" in the Standard/Ordinary Bitter category.  It gets confusing, doesn't it?

The Crooked Tooth Bitter recipe is still there, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:53:27 PM by malzig »

Offline johnrk

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
Thank you! Always looking for some great recipes, with credit due back the brewer of course. Although, I really enjoy sticking the fruit niche. The raspberry, cherry, blueberry, apple-spice, pomegranate and strawberry.