Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pintley.com  (Read 1686 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Pintley.com
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:04:03 pm »
I heard these guys on The Brewing Network last Sunday.  Their site allows you to setup a login, search and rate beer ( 1-5 mugs ) and it will give you suggestions of beer that it thinks you will love or like.   There is also an option to follow you friends who are on it and see how they rated stuff.  The more you rate, apparently the more accurate it will be.

I may not be for everyone, but it gives me an opportunity to find out about other beer that I never hear of because it's not available where I am.

The site is:  www.pintley.com
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
Re: Pintley.com
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »
Downloaded last night,  it's awesome, just remember to hit refresh whenever you go back to a page on the site... for some reason it didn't happen automatically on mine... I was rating things on the recomend page that I'd already had then going to the my rated page and the beers weren't showing up until I realized I needed to refresh the page.
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Offline SiameseMoose

• Assistant Brewer
  • Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »
Interesting, but now I'm skeptical. I spent 10 minutes rating beers I've had, and I gave low marks to almost every fruit or vegetable beer, because I just don't care for most. Then the number 1 and 2 recommendations are for pumpkin beers? I'll look at it again a few times before I pass judgment, but the first impression isn't promising.

On the other hand, thank you for posting the link.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »
Yeah...I think it needs time and a lot of input.  After entering about 15-20 beers, I noticed further down the list I had Bud Golden Wheat and Coors Light.  :D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 03:08:54 pm »
well, if enough of the idiots who post at Beeradvocate and ratebeer start posting there as well, pretty soon every beer recommended will be 10% or 100ibus regardless of what you like  :D

i'll check this out later - danke.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:10:46 am »
Kind of interesting to play with. It seems to home in on breweries. I gave SNPA a 5 and every other SN beer has come up pretty quickly. I also rated some IPAs, so now Russian River beers are at the top of my recommendations

It would be cool if you could filter by geography; I'll be in a city, what's good in the region
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.