Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 15601 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 11:20:29 pm »
It's snowing here in Delaware as I type. There's about 2" on the ground so far with another 10 to come...so they say.
It's nice to have some snow around the holidays. Watching the Bears beat the Jets. Really can't wait to watch the Eagles play Minnesota tonight. Have the day off tomorrow...so the IPA will be flowing.  8)

Snowing in Jersey, too. Watching people in their SUVs drive 40mph down our residental street.

Rocks fit nicely into the center of snowballs.

Gee wonder why nobody wants to live in Jersey.

Of all the reasons, I don't know that this one would be first on my list.

It's just icing on the cake...

What the longest string of quotes here?

Don't change the subject. We're talking about how swell Jersey is.

Sorry. I'm sure Jersey IS swell.

Which exit?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 02:32:42 am »
It's snowing here in Delaware as I type. There's about 2" on the ground so far with another 10 to come...so they say.
It's nice to have some snow around the holidays. Watching the Bears beat the Jets. Really can't wait to watch the Eagles play Minnesota tonight. Have the day off tomorrow...so the IPA will be flowing.  8)

Snowing in Jersey, too. Watching people in their SUVs drive 40mph down our residental street.

Which exit?
This one here, on the right: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.779242,-74.056606&spn=0.04907,0.132093&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.779031,-74.056728&panoid=K8nQOiraC7QpmqMoOkSyeA&cbp=12,51.68,,0,-5.88
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:39 am »
We had an awesome Christmas here in Puna.  Around 3PM local time we connected via Skype with some dear friends in Orlando; my 11-year-old son's best friend Julia and her family. We used to get together every year for Christmas when we lived in Orlando.  We have not spent Christmas with them in five years.  Totally unplanned, through video conferencing, we talked and joked and my son and his friend played with their new Nintendos together.  It was so good for four hours it was almost like being there.  Amazing!

Presents and food and trees and decorations are all great, but being with loved ones is really what it's all about!  Merry Christmas!

I did that with my dad, too - since he works nights we were able to open presents just before he went to bed, and that was super neat. Skype is awesome!
----

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 05:55:11 am »

Which exit?
This one here, on the right: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.779242,-74.056606&spn=0.04907,0.132093&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.779031,-74.056728&panoid=K8nQOiraC7QpmqMoOkSyeA&cbp=12,51.68,,0,-5.88

I went left on my last trip.  :-\
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 07:33:21 am »
It's nice to have some snow around the holidays. Watching the Bears beat the Jets. Really can't wait to watch the Eagles play Minnesota tonight. Have the day off tomorrow...so the IPA will be flowing.  8)

Which exit?

I went left on my last trip.  :-\

I drove south from New York on the Joisey turnpike once on a Friday through rush hour traffic.

Don't even try it.  >:(
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:35:14 am by bluesman »
Ron Price

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:05 am »
It's nice to have some snow around the holidays. Watching the Bears beat the Jets. Really can't wait to watch the Eagles play Minnesota tonight. Have the day off tomorrow...so the IPA will be flowing.  8)

Which exit?

I drove south from New York on the Joisey turnpike once on a Friday through rush hour traffic.

Im from Jersey, you from Jersey?
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 07:54:58 am »

Which exit?

Im from Jersey, you from Jersey?

You should try the Boulevard périphérique going towards the suburbs on the last thursday of any month. And then try it when it's snowing. Thank GOD for mass transit, eh?
----

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2010, 07:55:21 am »
Post 250, woo!
----

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:51 am »

Which exit?

Did it way too many times, in a semi. Cured me of doing that for a living...
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 09:24:30 am »

Which exit?

FTR I've been to Jersey.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2010, 09:27:11 am »

Which exit?

FTR I've been to Jersey.
Jersey?  Isn't that where the NY football teams play  :-\
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 10:24:39 am »

Which exit?

Don't even try it.  >:(

FTR I've been to Jersey.

Yeah, this is a strange place. I like how people from NJ consider themselves in the suburbs of "the city" and people from "the city" think of NJ as a red-headed stepchild that should've been pushed out to sea on an ice floe when it was born.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »

Which exit?

FTR I've been to Jersey.

Yeah, this is a strange place. I like how people from NJ consider themselves in the suburbs of "the city" and people from "the city" think of NJ as a red-headed stepchild that should've been pushed out to sea on an ice floe when it was born.

"New York City?!  Get the rope!"
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »

Which exit?

FTR I've been to Jersey.

"New York City?!  Get the rope!"

People from NJ say "Happy New Years" Wutz up wit dat?

There is only one new year right? OR maybe they figur they are never going to see you again so they extend the happy wish for the rest of your new years.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2010, 06:44:11 pm »

Which exit?

FTR I've been to Jersey.
Jersey?  Isn't that where the NY football teams play  :-\

"New York City?!  Get the rope!"

People from NJ say "Happy New Years" Wutz up wit dat?

There is only one new year right? OR maybe they figur they are never going to see you again so they extend the happy wish for the rest of your new years.

You know from Jersey when...................You know what a Wawa is, and know the location of at least 15 of them.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday.  8)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:45:50 pm by bluesman »
Ron Price