Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Been scarce, wife has cancer  (Read 8378 times)

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
Re: Been scarce, wife has cancer
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 08:09:30 am »
Sorry to hear it.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:28 am »
Tim, I'm so sorry to hear this.  My best wishes to you and your wife for a successful treatment and speedy recovery.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 09:49:54 am »
Aw man, sorry to hear this. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if I can do anything.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline gail

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »
Tim, Hokerer and all the others whose lives have been forever affected by breast cancer,
Your wives and partners are incredibly lucky to have your love and support as they struggle through this disease, surgery and treatment.  They, along with you and your families, are in our thoughts and prayers.
Tim:  U of M is a great hospital for your wife's treatment.  Your Michigan brew family is hoping for good news; keep us posted.
Keep wearing those pink ties, guys.
Gail

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »
Very sorry to hear that. Wishing the best for you both.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 02:35:22 pm »
That's tough news to share TimO!!  Your wife is in our prayers!!!  Let your faith lead you through this!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline dimik

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 11:20:55 pm »
Aw. I'm truly sorry to hear that. Hope your wife and your family get through this. Best wishes...
Check out BKYeast for my yeast ranching adventures and home lab!

Primary: Braggot, Petite Saison, Porter, Herbal IPA

On Tap: RyeIPA

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:22 pm »
Tim, Hokerer and all the others whose lives have been forever affected by breast cancer,
Your wives and partners are incredibly lucky to have your love and support as they struggle through this disease, surgery and treatment.  They, along with you and your families, are in our thoughts and prayers.
Tim:  U of M is a great hospital for your wife's treatment.  Your Michigan brew family is hoping for good news; keep us posted.
Keep wearing those pink ties, guys.
Gail

Gail and all....thank you to the bottom of the heart. Hokerer, my compatriot in this battle, lets fight it out, my thoughts are also with you sire and hope your wife does as well as we all expect mine will. I always used to make fun of all the different colored bracelets because I didn't know or hadn't been affected. I've been schooled and humbled. I now have the pink bracelet and wear it proudly.

Fred, I plan to do some brewing during the holidays to get the spirits up and the brewing juices flowing. Maybe we can brew together? Bill Shadowens, you too. I didn't know you had gone thru this Billy. I will have to pick your brains either at the next club meeting or a brew day for cancer survivor stuff.

So far family and friends will be here to help change dressings, clean the house, bring meals, etc.

More news to follow.

TimO
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline wpshadowens

• Cellarman
  • Macomb, MI
    • CRAFT Homebrew Club
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
Tim,

If you want to get together and brew or just hang out that sounds good to me. Even if you just need someone to talk at for a while, I'm a good listener. Not sure yet what my work schedule is going to be like through the holidays but I'm sure we can work something out. Let me know what works for you. Next club meeting is 7:00 PM this Monday, Dec 7th at Sherwood but I'm not sure if I'm going to get out of work in time to get there. Sherwood is on my way home so if your going to be there let me know and I will stop in and say hello at the very least.

Hang in there buddy. Talk to you soon,
Bill
Bill Shadowens
Secretary, CRAFT Homebrew Club
(Clinton River Association of Fermentation Technologists)

Great minds drink alike...

Offline matthew

• Cellarman
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 07:16:33 am »
Hey Timo, really sorry to hear that. Be strong, yall will be in my thoughts.

Matthew
Well it hurts down here on Earth lord
It hurts down here on Earth
It hurts down here cause we're running out of beer
But we're all gonna die someday

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 02:02:44 pm »
Thanks guys. Rep, you look familiar. You from the NB forum?

mtbrewer, thanks. Keeping the faith. I know many go thru this all the time but I really couldn't appreciate it until its my turn to deal with it.

15th is the surgery, University of Michigan hospital has been the epicenter of our life lately. What an awesome place....words can't explain. Its like a city within a city.....with a hotel and everything !!!!

I'll keep you all posted.

TimO

Yes TimO...I stop in at the NB forum as well.  I live about 60 miles from St. Paul and get to the shop fairly often.
Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 05:36:17 pm »
Yeah, this really digs into the beer culture as well. Instead of going to the club meeting to see Fred and Bill and others last night, I ended up taking my wife to her pre-surgery checkup. So, I missed another meeting.....there will be more.

Bill, I'll let you know. Fred, got your message about the legislation, will submit a gripe on all our behalf.

Would like to do a brew before the end of the year with a couple of you guys.

TimO
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline dirtyjerzey

• Cellarman
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 08:33:13 pm »
We've been through similar with some friends and family as well...thoughts are with you both!

Stay strong!

"Life's short and hard, like a body building elf..." - BHG

Offline wpshadowens

• Cellarman
  • Macomb, MI
    • CRAFT Homebrew Club
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 09:30:17 pm »
Tim,

Hope all goes well tomorrow. You wife is in our thoughts and prayers.

Bill
Bill Shadowens
Secretary, CRAFT Homebrew Club
(Clinton River Association of Fermentation Technologists)

Great minds drink alike...

Offline k4df4l

• Cellarman
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 05:08:15 am »
That sucks!  My thoughts are with you and your wife.