Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Christmas/Holiday Beer Gifts  (Read 1369 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Christmas/Holiday Beer Gifts
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:07:09 am »
I did a Tripel for my mother-in-law, whose name I drew for the family Secret Santa. This was the same beer that I posted about earlier with a cough syrup flavor. Tried it this morning and (thankfully!) the cough syrup flavor is almost gone. It pours a beautiful copper color and has a nice bit of Coriander flavor. Here's a shot of the label I did on the 50cl bottles I used. Anybody else do something similar? Merry Christmas!

I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
Re: Christmas/Holiday Beer Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 07:10:48 am »
I did a Tripel for my mother-in-law, whose name I drew for the family Secret Santa. This was the same beer that I posted about earlier with a cough syrup flavor. Tried it this morning and (thankfully!) the cough syrup flavor is almost gone. It pours a beautiful copper color and has a nice bit of Coriander flavor. Here's a shot of the label I did on the 50cl bottles I used. Anybody else do something similar? Merry Christmas!

Very nice!!!

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:58:54 am »
I gave my dad a whole 5gal batch for Christmas.  I normally do labels for my beers (or at least design one) but I was lazy.  It was brewed, fermented, and bottled all within 1 week.  It was a 3.5% stout.  It was duly named "Short Stack".  Besides being a little thin for a stout, it's got great flavor and you can drink a bunch of em.

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:26 am »
I gave my dad a whole 5gal batch for Christmas.  I normally do labels for my beers (or at least design one) but I was lazy.  It was brewed, fermented, and bottled all within 1 week.  It was a 3.5% stout.  It was duly named "Short Stack".  Besides being a little thin for a stout, it's got great flavor and you can drink a bunch of em.

"It was brewed, fermented, and bottled all within 1 week."

Gutsy guy!!!

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:49 am »
He couldn't make up his mind about what he wanted.  I kept telling him, "you gotta let me know what you want".  He didn't get back to me until I said that today was the absolute threshold and I needed to brew.

I think he likes giving me a challenge.