Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Is to Early to Say Happy New Year?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
Re: Is to Early to Say Happy New Year?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 09:33:50 am »
Happy New Year to everyone!!  My family & I spent our New Year's Eve with friends and had a blast!  I have vacation Monday & Tuesday so I can bring the new year in right with some brewing.  I will be brewing an Ordinary Bitter & an Old Ale.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 10:45:47 am »
Happy New Beer everybody!  we had a pretty quiet night.  I made some homemade angel hair pasta and shrimp and scallops in a Vermouth cream sauce to go with it.  Drank my version of Rochefort 10, and even managed to stay awake til midnight.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dano14041

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 10:48:27 am »
Happy New Year to everyone!
I achieved one of my goals in 2010. In 2011 I am going to concentrate on studying for  and passing the CPA exam. And, of course, keep brewing!
Tulsa, OK

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

punatic, it was a good Liberty Bowl, UCF played well; congratulations.  :)

Thank you kerneldustjacket.  It was a good game.  Both teams played hard till the final gun.

I was a Gators fan for decades before enrolling in UCF Engineering, so I have that FL vs GA rivalry in my blood.

You're right, the SEC is a tough conference, as the Hawaii Warriors learned in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago.  I warned my UH fan friends that they were not playing high school football against the Bulldogs.

It's a gorgeous first day of the year here.  No surf to speak of  :(  So I'm gonna go snorkeling in the Kapoho tidepools.

Ham's in the smoker, blackeyed peas are soaked, collard greens are ready to cook, Bama's kicking Michigan State's a$$ in Orlando - time to go jump in the Pacific for a swim...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:31:15 am by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline kerneldustjacket

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 08:34:52 pm »

You're right, the SEC is a tough conference, as the Hawaii Warriors learned in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago.  I warned my UH fan friends that they were not playing high school against the Bulldogs.

Yeah, the 2007 Sugar Bowl was a tough game for Hawaii, but I liked their attitude.

Good Bama game; and to my surprise Mississippi State seriously routed Michigan.
I'm eager to see the Auburn / Oregon game...should be interesting.

And I have to say I'm surprised to hear you can get collards in Hawaii! Are they as good as back home?

Good luck and good fortune for you in 2011; keep the laid-back dial set on 11.
John Wilson
Savannah Brewers League
Savannah, GA

Offline punatic

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:36 am »

Yeah, the 2007 Sugar Bowl was a tough game for Hawaii, but I liked their attitude.

And I have to say I'm surprised to hear you can get collards in Hawaii! Are they as good as back home?

If I remember correctly UH got their first touchdown in the 4th quarter, and from the reaction of the UH fans you'd of thought they just won the game.  That is sooo Hawaii.  Always looking at the positive side of things!  As a Dolphan and a Hawaii resident I am proud that Davone Bess is doing so well in the NFL

Hawaii is home.  The collard greens I fixed today were local and turned out to be the best I've made so far, by far.  A bit expensive though, so next year I'm growing my own.

We're always laid back here.  Life's too short to be in a hurry...

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Mikey

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 09:08:43 am »
Collared can be an awful meal if cooked wrong or a delicious if done correctly. I guess that's true of a lot of foods, but this one seems to be more black and while.

Offline kerneldustjacket

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 05:42:39 pm »
Collared can be an awful meal if cooked wrong or a delicious if done correctly. I guess that's true of a lot of foods, but this one seems to be more black and while.

No doubt Mikey...and It's always handy to have a good pepper vinegar on hand to liven it up.
John Wilson
Savannah Brewers League
Savannah, GA

Offline punatic

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 05:58:06 pm »

All of the collard greens I've ever eaten were green...  :D

You're right kerneldustjacket, a dollop of peppered vinegar is a good addition!

AHA Life Member #33907