Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best citys for beer.  (Read 5180 times)

Offline cuttsjp

• 1st Kit
    • Jeff's Delicious Homebrew Blog
Re: Best citys for beer.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 02:15:37 pm »
People always think of Sam Adams (sometimes unfavorably) when they think of Boston, but in reality, Boston is a wonderful beer city home to underrated gems like Harpoon (SO much more than Harpoon IPA), Pretty Things (amazing), John Harvard, Boston Beer Works, Cambridge Brewing Company, etc...not to mention dozens of amazing beer bars like the Publick House and Sunset Grill and Tap...in addition to the fact that  it's hard to find a bar anywhere in the city that doesn't have at least one great beer on tap.

Asheville, NC is another new favorite of mine.  Amazing beer city with tons of great options including but not limited to Highland and French Broad.

Need to make a pilgrimage to Portland soon.
Primary: Limerick Session Stout, Hogsmeade Mild Ale
Secondary: Der Winterweizen Weizenbock
Bottled: will have stuff soon!
Drinking: Rogue Mead
On Deck: BowThai Ale, then something big and hoppy!

Read my blog at http://cuttshomebrew.blogspot.com

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 10:43:33 pm »
Beer cities? Try any town in Belgium. Brewery cities? Portlandia can't be beat. The next best would probably be Seattle (apologies to San Diego). My favorite style? Hard to pick, but I love IPA, a hoppy red/amber ale, black IPA, porter, dubbel, geuze, and a hoppy Belgian (Gouden Carolus, for example).

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:47 pm »
I like the beer in my town, Colorado Springs. I used to live right across the street from Bristol Brewing, and I loved the smell when they were brewing a new batch. My current fave is the Black Fox Shyela. Phantom Canyon is pretty good too. Their honey blonde is killer!  We're also only an hour away from Denver, an hour and a half from Boulder, and two hours from Ft. Collins.  I think Colorado in general has some of the best beers around.
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.