Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I bought stuff  (Read 3511 times)

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
Re: I bought stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 10:44:50 am »
Man, that rosette is really nice; as are the mahogany tuners.

Ebony tuners :)

Scott Tenant is a bad ass, and the LAGQ is absolutely great.  I have had that Pumping Nylon for 10 years and it still kicks my butt.  I don't play as much as I used to (I got my classical guitar degree in 1996), but am struggling through Brower's "Un Dia de Noviembre."

Yeah, Tenant's pretty cool, though he doesn't research much on anything besides guitar technical abilities.  This is normally a non-impact; yes, diamond files use diamonds that are worthless due to defect or size as a source of diamond dust, but nobody cares.  He thinks it's just some sort of metallic powder because it's $2, he's wrong, but this is immaterial:  it's a file.  (although, the sawing motion thing is flat wrong:  you can crack a nail that way, and should file in one direction, from the outside to the center of the nail is what I've heard suggested most to prevent the edge from cracking)

I only intend to practice maybe 3 hours a week.  Some people are die-hard "practice every day, 1 hour a day, or you fail!" and some (my piano teacher) were more "Practice every day, even if just for 10 minutes" types, which I think is the better strategy really; but as long as you're getting some regular access it's fine, it'll help, just slowly.

jaybeerman

Re: I bought stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »
Leo Brouwer is the best thing that ever happened to the guitar, damn good composer.