Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: On the road again  (Read 4587 times)

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Re: On the road again
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 07:28:49 pm »
Cool, the forum to the rescue. Now that is a network worth keeping!
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 07:39:59 pm »
Cool, the forum to the rescue. Now that is a network worth keeping!

I'll second that statement!

Euge...did you run those errands.  8)
Ron Price

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
If its one of those late nights in the hotel room, ya know if you are feelin kinda itchy, check out a website called spit-n-pickles. Its hot.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 08:53:23 pm »
I went to the Wine Rack and they have a pretty decent selection. Some nice Belgian, German, British and American craft beers.

I walked out with North Coast Brewing's Red Seal pale ale. Never had it before though it is available to me regularly. Wanted something different. Went to some liquor stores and a couple Albertsons. They have ok selection and even a couple I can't find in my neck of the woods. Like Becks' Dark. 

Inquired about The Hemmingway. Supposed to have some good beer selection but not on tap- well Bass on tap is pretty good. Maybe a taxi is in order tomorrow.

Cap I'm not itchy yet. But a search didn't return much. I can only imagine it's insane...

This great though. Wish I'd brought it up a few days ago and been better prepared. 
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »
No? maybe it was a dream I had. Maybe I should start up a website. Think there is any real money in that stuff.

Hmm.  Bobbing for Cucumbers?
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 09:25:02 pm »
No? maybe it was a dream I had. Maybe I should start up a website. Think there is any real money in that stuff.

Bobbing for twinkies?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »
I send a lot of time in Midland, in fact I was there overnight just yesterday.  The Wine rack is your best bet, none of the bars in town have any real selection of good beer. I picked up some Old Speckled Hen, Moinette and a St. Bernardus sampler Tuesday night.  HEB used to have great beer selection but it disappeared a couple of years ago(the good beer, not the store).
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:13 pm »
That's a great HEB too.

I lost count of the empty Bud Light cartons littering the side of the road on the way up from Ozona. Plenty of dead deer and hogs on the shoulder too.

IMO it isn't a money thing but a cultural anomaly. There's lots of money out here just a slowly growing exposure and acceptance to niche markets.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 11:05:52 pm »

Bobbing for twinkies?

Bikers in diapers?
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline dirk_mclargehuge

• Cellarman
    • Wort's Going On Here?
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:18 am »
That's a great HEB too.

I lost count of the empty Bud Light cartons littering the side of the road on the way up from Ozona. Plenty of dead deer and hogs on the shoulder too.

IMO it isn't a money thing but a cultural anomaly. There's lots of money out here just a slowly growing exposure and acceptance to niche markets.

On the way back home, swing by Eola School and say hello to Mark.  He's about twenty miles east of San Angelo.  He's the only brewpub between Fredericksburg and Artesia, NM.  Not the best beer in the country, but he's trying.  He's also a really nice guy.

I call Fredericksburg the beginning of the Great Beer Desert that stretches pretty much from I-35 to I- 25.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 11:57:40 am »
I went to the Wine Rack and they have a pretty decent selection. Some nice Belgian, German, British and American craft beers.

I walked out with North Coast Brewing's Red Seal pale ale. Never had it before though it is available to me regularly. Wanted something different. Went to some liquor stores and a couple Albertsons. They have ok selection and even a couple I can't find in my neck of the woods. Like Becks' Dark. 

Inquired about The Hemmingway. Supposed to have some good beer selection but not on tap- well Bass on tap is pretty good. Maybe a taxi is in order tomorrow.

Cap I'm not itchy yet. But a search didn't return much. I can only imagine it's insane...

This great though. Wish I'd brought it up a few days ago and been better prepared. 

Add them to beermapping, then others can find them as well ;)
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!