Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: So I got myself an e-cigarette  (Read 6386 times)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Re: So I got myself an e-cigarette
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 11:30:18 am »
China, naturally. And, yes, I know where you're going with that. All I can say is that I did some research into the brand I chose (which is actually a local company) and their oversight and testing of their products. Some companies simply rebrand bulk imports, whereas this one actually has an engineer living in Shenzhen who has been working with the factories to develop a custom product. So do I trust it as much as an American-made carto? No, but there are no American-made cartos. Do I trust it more than other Chinese-made cartos? Yes. Do I trust it more than American-made cigarettes? Yes.

Juice is another matter. I believe that theirs is sourced from Dekang (awaiting confirmation), which again, I find to be the lesser of evils for various reasons. I am researching other options and tooling up for DIY blends, but that is also a road fraught with peril. For reasons I won't get into here, I don't implicitly trust American manufacturers any more than I trust Dekang. But I still have a lot of homework to do. In the meantime, I am still convinced that it is a likely harm reduction over cigarettes.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 06:35:32 am »
Yeah, it's hard to argue that there might be increased health risks over what you've already got with cigarettes.  Still, Chinese quality control makes me cringe a bit.  Glad to see you did some research on the source though.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 07:33:08 am »
Some of the stories you hear about these manufacturers are... interesting.  ;D
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 08:24:49 am »
As one who hasn't smoked in 10 years this all sounds like a REALLY bad idea......
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:01 am »
I was considering taking up smoking. Should I start with the gum or the patch?  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 09:58:40 am »
I was considering taking up smoking. Should I start with the gum or the patch?  :D

In my experience, it's hard to keep the gum lit.

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 01:02:56 pm »
The patch does not smell good at all when it burns.