Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Okay, 3D sucks  (Read 7124 times)

jaybeerman

Re: Okay, 3D sucks
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »
1. I just have whacked out dreams anyway.
2. I have really bad night terrors occasionally. My wife wakes me up saying that I am screaming in all horror, I dont even remember the dream only that she is wakening me up, and I am all sweaty. Its weird cause I almost always remember my dreams.
Recently found out that my father has the very same night terrors. Heredity?

1. Same here, it might have something to do with your/my upbringing.  
2. It might be hereditary.  My dad has a serious recurring night terror where he thinks his sister is in bed with him so he freaks the hell out and kicks my mom out of the bed and then instantly goes back to sleep (now she just waits for a minute and then gets back in bed).  I get night terrors that involve unknown people or dogs trying to kill me.  Naturally I fight back; luckily I've only connected with my wife twice, the first time I punched her pretty solidly in the nose and the second time I swiftly kicked her leg.  That hadn't happened for a long time.  Then a couple months ago, in a dream, a vicious dog (beast) was attacking me so I reached down to choke the life from the damn animal.  Unfortunately I had grabbed my left leg with my right hand just above the knee, I squeezed so hard that I nearly tore off the tendon that follows the hamstring on the inside of the thigh.  Still hurts a little.

Weird dreams are great but I could do without the night terrors.  Oh yeah, the hops pillow (dream pillow) works for a night or two.  Crazy dreams

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 11:49:16 pm »
Nux Vomica is nutmeg. And ingesting it- something like a whole nut or more has effects. Interesting effects.  ;)
According to wikipedia, nutmeg is Myristica fragrans, and Nux vomica is the strychnine tree.  I also try to avoid eating anything with the word strychnine in it :)

I put a lot of nutmeg in my eggnog, I don't remember any weird dreams from it.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 11:51:19 pm »
I didn't get it much either, but homeopathic doctors were in my family.  My Dad always said, "homeopathy and a little faith will cure anything."  Here's a link about nux vomica: http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Nux-v
I still have no idea what euge was referring to.
My dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 12:01:16 am »
OK not nux vomica. Why did I think that? I was wrong, but not about the effects of nutmeg.  :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 01:10:07 am »
I suddenly have depth perception.  I never have before.

The world looks like a crappy Xbox game.  Or like this

That's what stuff looks like in the real world.  I thought only 3D modeling programs produced so much fake, plastic-looking overdramatic 3D effects.  I'm staring at a tea cup like I smoked something I shouldn't have.

It just happened.

My hearing also suddenly became very fixed and precise and sharp, among other odd perceptual shifts.  I had a serious mental breakdown when I realized the synesthesia was gone; but I think that's a matter of an overloaded neural link, and it's slowly coming back.  Might need a few days to recover.  I don't think I can actually survive without that; the world is in 3D but everything I hear is very flat and lifeless, that's not right.  Where's the shapes and colors in the music?  Where's the impossible textures and hues that can't physically exist?

Thorazine  -  for those who are tripping, and homeophobic!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 07:29:59 am »
I have frequent episodes of sleep paralysis...when I sleep on my back, I get into these recursive dreams where I believe I'm awake, am laying there, and can't move...I "wake up" only to find I'm stuck again.  You actually semi-hallucinate...I've held conversations with my wife in this state she disclaims knowledge of.  It can go a half a dozen times in a row, until I can "break out" of it and actually wake up.  Once awake, if I turn on my side, I'm usually good at that point.

Knowing what it is makes it a lot more tolerable...the first few times it was distinctly horrifying.  I was hearing people break down the door, ie. home invaders, and I was frozen, unable to move.  Now, even in the dream state, I know what's going on so it isn't quite as disturbing. 

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 07:31:22 am »
I didn't get it much either, but homeopathic doctors were in my family.  My Dad always said, "homeopathy and a little faith will cure anything."  Here's a link about nux vomica: http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Nux-v
My dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

I LOL'd
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:13 am »

I LOL'd
Then you're cured! ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:14 am »
Hindsight is a b*tch:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791904576075851892478080.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

BFI, you ever get to feeling serious-crazy, you let us know, eh? 

Offline loopy

• Brewer
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 03:48:50 pm »