Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1st time bottling and brewing new batch in 1 night.  (Read 2056 times)

Offline benjammin

• Cellarman
  • Stafford, NY
1st time bottling and brewing new batch in 1 night.
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:28:50 am »
So last night was the first time I had ever bottled up a batch (Nut Brown Ale) and then started brewing a new batch. It was definately a busy night and I didn't slip into bed until 11 pm. A friend of mine brought over one of those True Brew Homebrew Kits. It was a Canadian Ale version. I happened to have some pale ale malt lying around so I decided to toast a half pound and steep it before bringing the rest to a boil. I'm hoping it turns out decent. I'm calling this brew The Toasted Canuck.

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
Re: 1st time bottling and brewing new batch in 1 night.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:11:45 am »
Sounds good.  :)  Although I usually do all grain I like making an extract batch occasionally.  Regardless, brewing & bottling in the same day definitely makes for a busy day.

Happy Brewing,
Brandon

Offline benjammin

• Cellarman
  • Stafford, NY
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:59:23 am »
Sounds good.  :)  Although I usually do all grain I like making an extract batch occasionally.  Regardless, brewing & bottling in the same day definitely makes for a busy day.

Happy Brewing,
Brandon

I haven't taken the plunge into all grain yet. I'm going to get one or two more extract or partial mash before i make the switch. Plus i still need a cooler valve, an 8 gallon brewpot, and a propane burner.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:44 am »
Extract is fun and quick. Makes good beer too.

Going all grain is easy. Then the real learning begins... ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline benjammin

• Cellarman
  • Stafford, NY
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:07:04 pm »
Extract is fun and quick. Makes good beer too.

Going all grain is easy. Then the real learning begins... ;)

I'm really excited to start all grain brewing and I've been reading up on the process for a few months now just to prepare myself for the first all grain brew day. It also really helps to have a resource like this forum.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »
Going all grain will certainly add a new depth and dimension to your brewing!  ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis