Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Who ya got?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline uintafly

• Cellarman
  • SLC, Utah
Who ya got?
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:49:37 pm »
Sadly gambling..uh...I mean football season is just about over, but we have a couple good games coming up this weekend. Who you got?

I'll take the Packers -3.5 and the over (43.5). And I will take the Jets +4 with the Steelers winning, and the over (39) here as well.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Who ya got?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »
Packers and Steelers

Packers by 7

Steelers by 3
Ron Price

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:18:05 pm »
Out on a limb
Jets all the way.

My original plans were to pull for the Panthers or the Falcons...Hmmm...how'd that work out.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:35:00 pm by tubercle »
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline rbclay

• Assistant Brewer
  • Northfield, MN
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »
I grew up in western Pennsylvania. I don't even play fantasy football because I might be in a situation where I have to root for someone playing the Steelers.

Steelers by 10. Jets blew their wad in New England, they are spent like a sack of mashed grains. Troy will wreak havoc.

Green Bay wins in Chicago, setting up one of the greatest slwoB repuS of all time.
Randy Clay
Milltown Mashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/404574082932834/
BJCP Certified

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »
I grew up in western Pennsylvania. I don't even play fantasy football because I might be in a situation where I have to root for someone playing the Steelers.

Where in Western PA?  My wife's from Somerset so we'll be rooting for the Steelers.  I'm an Eagles fan myself but that ship has sailed for the year.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »
I am the anti jock...... I haven't watched a sports game on TV in......I don't remember. I've got too many projects going on. But, that's OK. You all have fun.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

boulderbrewer

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »
Chiacgo and the points, I will boil in hell tonight, OK.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:01 am »
Bears and Jets, Bears take it. Ditka has another heart attack but survives by ressucitating himself with a polish sausage. BEAR DOWN!
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:10:17 am »
Also, I just found out that the game is played at 2pm central time - which means I can watch it! Yeahhh!!
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:17:17 am »
Bears and Jets, Bears take it. Ditka has another heart attack but survives by ressucitating himself with a polish sausage. BEAR DOWN!
Da Coach! Go Bears!
Mark Gres

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:03:56 am »
I've got no rooting interest in any 4 teams.

That said, after seeing Rodgers dismantle the Falcons, I'd definitely take the Pack and give the points (you know, if gambling was legal). That guy made some incredible throws. Haven't watched many Pack games, but he's got a cannon of an arm and he can move and throw. Bears are good and they're home, but I don't trust Cutler in a big game.

I like Big Ben over Sanchez in the AFC. Sanchez looked terrible in the Colts game and their D just beat down the Pat's offense by clogging the middle and jamming the recievers at the line. Brady looked lost and the recievers just weren't able to get open for those quick passes that made NE so great in the regular season. Ben just wins though. And if the Jets shut down the Steeler WR, I think their running game can take over.

Both are going to be great games! Bears/Pack is great rivalry football and Jets/Steelers should make for some hardnose defensive struggles. Both teams are very outspoken and should carry over onto the field Sunday. Brewing a Vienna lager Friday night and a co-op 10 gallon batch of BW and a 5 gallon second runnings beer on Saturday so I should have my entire Sunday free for 8 hours of football.
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."