Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pliny the Elder :-(  (Read 5662 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: Pliny the Elder :-(
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 03:24:09 am »
Update! Crackedkettle.com in the Netherlands had them and I got -TWO- along with 4 bottles of Bell's Hopslam. Shoudl be here this weekend! Hooray!
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 09:39:09 am »
Well, now what am I going to pay you?
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:05 am »
Well, now what am I going to pay you?

MOR PLINY PLEEZ

J/k. Anything interesting is fun.
----

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:00 am »
We've been fortunate w/ Pliny around here lately (Seattle).

I've had it on tap twice and in the bottle once (well, 4 bottles worth) in just the past month or so.  Good stuff.  :) 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 05:28:55 am »
Update! Crackedkettle.com in the Netherlands had them and I got -TWO- along with 4 bottles of Bell's Hopslam.

I hate to think what they cost, CrackedKettle is very expensive compared to the De Bierkoning.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:03 am »
Update! Crackedkettle.com in the Netherlands had them and I got -TWO- along with 4 bottles of Bell's Hopslam.

I hate to think what they cost, CrackedKettle is very expensive compared to the De Bierkoning.

€16 per bottle, but the shipping is really reasonable. De Bierkoning, I've never heard of them, they seem interesting but they don't have online ordering and I can't open their spreadsheet with the beer inventory. I'll keep them in mind though.
----

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 06:08:50 am »

€16 per bottle, but the shipping is really reasonable. De Bierkoning, I've never heard of them, they seem interesting but they don't have online ordering and I can't open their spreadsheet with the beer inventory. I'll keep them in mind though.

De Beer Konig are just of Spuistrasse. Out of Cafe Golem, turn left, walk up to the square, turn left. Much cheaper.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 03:08:43 am »
I'll check it out next time I go.

FWIW, I opened a bottle Saturday. I know I'll probably get lynched for this, but my first thoughts were, 'meh, I've had better.' And the bottle was fresh, too - bottled Feb 2011. I think I Hardcore You from Brew Dog/Mikkeller is my favorite as far as hop bombs go.
----

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:45 am »
For those in the Seattle area.  Coopers Alehouse will have some on again sometime in the next few days.  They're currently into their IPA Fest (April 8-29), and they're doing it alphabetically (for the most part). 

Currently, theyre on "F" (Firestone Walker Double Jack was the last one they put on tap - and possibly Eel River). 

So check their facebook or twitter - they usually post each time they change out a keg (tag #IPAFest). 
Beer Monger's Blog

Offline hermsman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47:32 am »
Don't pass on the Firestone DoubleJack. I think it is a great beer and I do prefer it to Pliny. I keep both in-stock at my house, But the Doublejack gets consumed quite often. ;D
Fermenting:
FrankenAle 2010
Winter Solstice 3

On Tap:
Black EyePA
Bavarian Lager
Winter Solstice 2
Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Pliny the Clone II
Firestone Clone
Robust Porter
Vanilla Porter
Belgian Pale Ale
Spiced Winter Ale
FrankenAle 2006

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 07:52:17 am »
Don't pass on the Firestone DoubleJack. I think it is a great beer and I do prefer it to Pliny. I keep both in-stock at my house, But the Doublejack gets consumed quite often. ;D

Oh by NO means pass on Double Jack.  It is absolutely one of my favorite beers!  Lukcy you can keep it 'in stock' at your house.  We only get it sporadically (and it won't last 'stored' at my house!  lol) 

I was at Coopers yesterday when they tapped it.  They were gonna tap Eel River first (y'know, alphabetical), but I bugged 'em to skip ahead to Firestone.  Love that stuff.

I was just pointing out the Pliny, since that was the main focus of this thread.  I like both beers, but also think I enjoy DJ more than Pliny. 
Beer Monger's Blog

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:19 pm »

Oh by NO means pass on Double Jack.  It is absolutely one of my favorite beers!  Lukcy you can keep it 'in stock' at your house.  We only get it sporadically (and it won't last 'stored' at my house!  lol) 

I was at Coopers yesterday when they tapped it.  They were gonna tap Eel River first (y'know, alphabetical), but I bugged 'em to skip ahead to Firestone.  Love that stuff.

I was just pointing out the Pliny, since that was the main focus of this thread.  I like both beers, but also think I enjoy DJ more than Pliny. 
Beer Monger, if you can get to Malt and Vine, they have Black Raven's Wisdom Seeker on tap as of Saturday - that beer easily rivals Pliny.  If they don't have it there, you might try Black Raven itself.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »

Beer Monger, if you can get to Malt and Vine, they have Black Raven's Wisdom Seeker on tap as of Saturday - that beer easily rivals Pliny.  If they don't have it there, you might try Black Raven itself.
I had some of that at Cooper's on Friday.  Excellent stuff!  It was probably my favorite of the evening.  They were out by 1/2 way through Saturday.  ;) 

I actually reviewed the ones I had on my blog (trying to stick to BJCP judging style - though I didn't assign a 1-50 score on the blog).  You can read it here:

http://beermonger.blogspot.com/2011/04/coopers-alehouse-ipa-fest-is-happening.html

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:16:51 pm by Beer Monger »
Beer Monger's Blog

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 12:16:33 pm »
I had some of that at Cooper's on Friday.  Excellent stuff!  It was probably my favorite of the evening.  They were out by 1/2 way through Saturday.  ;) 
Cool.  8)

I usually miss it, so I was happy to get some this time around.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »
Shut up!

You Seattle guys with all your fancy-schmancy beers...

(he says while being grrreeeeeeeen with envy)   ;)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907