Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A culinary abortion!  (Read 16750 times)

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: A culinary abortion!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

- Fried squirrel, which wasn't bad except that she took it with the .410 - You haven't lived until you've sat down to a family dinner where the conversation was punctuated by the staccatto "ping" of pellets being spit onto plates.

Done it many times. Saturday mornings were reserved for me and my dad to rabbit hunt. We usually got 1 or 2 two which was supper. If no rabbits then a squirrel could always be found on the way back to the house. Usually fried but sometimes stewed with dumplings.

Here's one for a hangover and actually tastes badass:

Wheat toast, mayo, peanut butter and crispy bacon sandwich.

Sounds disgusting but oh its heaven in your mouth!

Banana, peanutbutter and mayo sandwich fried in butter. Eat a thousand of them ;D That's what killed Elvis :(
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline markaberrant

• Brewer
  • Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
    • ALES Club
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 06:41:13 pm »
Here's one for a hangover and actually tastes badass:

Wheat toast, mayo, peanut butter and crispy bacon sandwich.

Sounds disgusting but oh its heaven in your mouth!

Banana, peanutbutter and mayo sandwich fried in butter. Eat a thousand of them ;D That's what killed Elvis :(

I prefer bacon, tomato, peanut butter and mayo on toast with lots of salt and pepper!

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:45 am »
Okay, so when I was in grade school a looooong time ago I had a really strange taster. My favorite samich for lunch was peanut butter, sliced bananas and yellow mustard. Don't knock it 'till you tried it...  ;D  Cheers!!!

My daughter occasionally asks for a salami and jam sandwich.  She claims its tasty but I think she's just trying to weird me out - which she has.  Now I just make her jam sandwich and put a few slices of salami on the side - if wants to construct that food perversion she can, but I'm not going to have any part of it.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 11:44:35 am »
My oldest was always into peanut butter and pickles sandwiches
Joe

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »
I had skipped over this thread until today.  That may have a been a good thing or a bad thing.

You're all making me happy my kids haven't come up with any to gross they just have to have yet (except anything with peanut butter in, on or around it.  I know people really like, I've never been able to stand it.  I don't know why).

We used to eat squirrel.  It was better than starving (the other option we had at the time) and Mom simmered it in a milk/cream sauce to pull out most of the gamy "rat" flavor.  We tried to only use the .22 to kill squirrels though, Mom hated to dig out pellets.

The big delicacy in our house was beef brains.  Breaded and fried in lard/butter.  Smother a piece of bread with fresh butter and fill with brains like a taco.  It was delicious!!

The amazingness of brains was soon offset by plates full of chicken livers.  They are better fresh (never frozen) but that doesn't mean they are ever very good.

Mom was half English-Irish/half German.  It lead to a few strange meal customs.  I don't ever remember a meal without potatoes, ever... to this day and I just turned 46.   :(

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline hornets nectar

• 1st Kit
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:16 pm »
Ok the best is peanut butter , bannana , bacon with mayo
YUM YUM