Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sinbad: Where U Been  (Read 3580 times)

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Sinbad: Where U Been
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 07:49:12 am »
Pay a lot of taxes to the school district, then on top of that pay a SHIDLOAD to send my kids to an independent school. Had over 180 large invested in my daughter the day she STARTED college..... So, large paycheck, large tuition bill, still broke. It's worth it.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »
Home schooling is a luxury isn't it?

Well, if you call not having a Denali in the driveway a luxury because we're giving up a salary. Sure it's a luxury. Not that I have a particular affinity towards them; but pick pretty much anything else a dual income family has and the homeschool family usually chooses to go without.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »
Home schooling is a luxury isn't it?

Well, if you call not having a Denali Escalade in the driveway a luxury because we're giving up a salary. Sure it's a luxury. Not that I have a particular affinity towards them; but pick pretty much anything else a dual income family has and the homeschool family usually chooses to go without.

That was pretty much my point. We all know homeschooling isn't without it's challenges. Regardless many middle class families simply can't afford it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis