Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mom, have you seen Dad lately? No, but stay out of the freezer in the garage.  (Read 4748 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
This is NOT the ONLY game like it...been happening for years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Dead_Guy_Days

That site says "the city added a broad new provision to Section 7-34 of its Municipal Code, "Keeping of bodies", outlawing the keeping of "the whole or any part of the person, body or carcass of a human being or animal or other biological species which is not alive upon any property".

Sounds like you're out of luck if you buried Fido out in the backyard or are keeping Uncle Herb's ashes on the mantel.  :(
Wait, seriously?  That is really broad.  You're not allowed to keep "any part" of any "biological species which is not alive"?  It's a good thing I don't live there, my freezer is full of violations of that law - I think I've got parts of at least 6 different species in there.  Which reminds me, I need to get something out to thaw for this weekend, probably pork shoulder.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
Even a dead fly in the kitchen would seem to violate this.

Kai

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Yeah, as might be expected, there's a little more to the actual ordinance than the article would lead one to believe...

(16) Keeping of bodies.  All places at which the owner or occupant keeps, stores or permits to
be kept or stored the whole or any part of the person, body or carcass of a human being or animal
or other biological species which is not alive upon any property.  Provided, however, that bodies
or carcasses of human beings for which a death certificate has been issued may be buried within a
cemetery authorized by the Town or stored in a research facility specifically authorized by the
Town, or their properly cremated ashes may be stored in any residence of the Town, and dead
animal bodies or carcasses may be stored or buried in a manner specifically allowed by state law. 
(Ord. 84 §4, 1948; Ord. 195 §§6--12, 1981; Ord. 379 §2, 1994; Ord. 435 §1, 1996)

...still not sure, though, Tom, if your freezer is a "manner specifically allowed by state law" :)
Joe

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Seems like vegetables are right out!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
He's not dead - he's lagering!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
I love that one. 
BTW the freezer apparently wasn't in the garage until recently, before that it was in her bedroom.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
I love that one. 
BTW the freezer apparently wasn't in the garage until recently, before that it was in her bedroom.

She was a cadaverdiddliac?!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

jaybeerman

This is such a great topic (with great posts), I feel obligated to post a comment.  I have to say that, I really like practical people.  You could make a movie out of the conversation these folks clearly had before he died.  I would bet $50 that it was his idea in the first place and he convinced her to do it, initially, against her will.  There's nothing like growing old and realizing that you could run out of money before you run out of life.  Smart (practical) folks, if you ask me.  Cheers, j

ok back to the jokes