Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best way to have quail  (Read 4192 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Best way to have quail
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »
Tomorrow is the day, I get to try my Christmas present the plucker.

The what?  ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

boulderbrewer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »
We did 17 quail and 7 old layers on saturday(butchering). It is nice to have quail with their skin on. I know the crock pot only makes broth. With quail the broth is between chicken and beef. It was a shame to do that to those 6 but live and let the wife have the last say. SORRY CAP!

I think we need to cook sans anything, seeing we are just starting out. That way we can really appreciate them. Tin foil and 300 till they are done.

boulderbrewer

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:17 pm »
I made Drunken Quail, Fried them in butter til browned, placed them in a baking dish, in the pan I added 8oz of chopped porteblellas, 1/2 cup of sherry and 2 cups of stock (used the quail stock created from the first quail crock pot recipe) and 3 TBS of flour boiled 15 minutes and then added it to the baking dish with the quail and baked @ 350 for 1 hour, served on a bed of wild/brown rice. Good stuff. sorry no pictures.