Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Please raise a glass with me  (Read 5304 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Please raise a glass with me
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »
Bpulder, thanks so much for being there today. I really appreciated it. honestly, when it haooened, you were he firdt person I told.. Thank you, brother.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

boulderbrewer

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »
I'm here for you brother!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 08:56:05 pm »
Here's a pint hoisted - I feel for you!
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
Raising a Foreign Extra Stout- soon to be followed by some homebrew Bitter. Here's to ya Porkchop!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »
 What happened?? 
Ok, I can finally write a little.....She was 14. Last few months, she had really bad itchy spots. Chewed and pulled fur out in spots.  All she did was scratch, constantly. Poor dog could get no rest. Constantly. scratching. Took her to the vet, said it was allergies. Gave her a couple rounds of steroid shots. Those quit working. Took her back last week, did a thyroid test, said is was low. gave her pills and more steroids. She did great for about 5  days. Like a puppy again. saturday, she could not stand up. or use her back legs at times. Sometime in the night, she got on the couch in the mancave, but could not get back down. She peed all over it. She has not gone in the house since she was a puppy. Yesterday, she kept having spells where she could not stand, or walk. Today, she made it out the doggy dorr, and in the yard, and collapsed in the yard. Holly lifted her up, but she could not stay up. rushed her to the vet, and that was the end. Said he has seen it before, and there was no hope. She was the best dog I ever had. I wanted her to go while she still had her dignity, and not suffering any worse.  The worst part is, I'm in Ohio. I could not be with her, say goodbye, or be with Holly. This is a real b****.   Thanks for listening. I'll quit BFI'ng out now, and dragging the party down. Thnak you all.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 01:54:16 am »
Barry, I am so sorry for your loss. I hate that you are suffering at a distance. I thought I was
done for the night. Ready to call it a day. I am heading to the k-rator for a fresh pint.

Cheers to a great friend.  :'(

And it takes a real man to cry. It will make you feel better. Even if for just a second.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:34 am »
Damn, I didn't see this thread until Tuesday morning.  So sorry Weaz and it truly sucks that you couldn't be with her.  :'(

I'll raise a pint for Porkchop tonight for sure.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:58 am »
A ha'pint of coffee is all I can raise right now.  [Sh]e sure looks like a good dog.

Edit: My mistake, she.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:20:31 am by nicneufeld »

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 07:44:22 am »
  He sure looks like a good dog.

She was the best! You know, brought her home from the pound as a puppy. House broke her in three days. That dog did NOT have and accident from that day on, until Saturday night, when she could not get off the couch. she was an amazing dog.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:24 am »
IME, adopted dogs know they have been saved from the needle, are grateful for it, and spend the rest of their lives showing it!
Some tough days ahead but just know that she will always be with you.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 08:37:31 am »
awwww, i'm so sorry to hear about this.

:(
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 09:26:20 am »
Yeh... go ahead, you may not ever feel right if you don't.    Jmo...  :)

Wise words, Dean.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:00 am »
Dadnabit! Every time I read about these things it brings back memories of our lost pets. Shedding a tear is nothing to be ashamed about IMO! Seems the older I get the softer I get.  Maybe 'cause things make more sense?  I'm a bit misty right now myself just thinking about the past, and those memories will last a lifetime BTW! Pint was raised for Porkchop last night, an Oatmeal Stout.  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 10:11:02 am »
Dadnabit! Every time I read about these things it brings back memories of our lost pets. Shedding a tear is nothing to be ashamed about IMO! Seems the older I get the softer I get.  Maybe 'cause things make more sense?  I'm a bit misty right now myself just thinking about the past, and those memories will last a lifetime BTW! Pint was raised for Porkchop last night, an Oatmeal Stout.  Cheers!!!

Amen.  I remember almost making it out of the vets office before breaking down about my 17 year old puppy and that was several years ago.  She was having the same issues as Porkchop, leaking all over the hardwood floors because she didn't have the strength to get up.  You could tell she felt guilty about it too.
Here's to Porkchop.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 11:58:38 am »
Bpulder, thanks so much for being there today. I really appreciated it. honestly, when it haooened, you were he firdt person I told.. Thank you, brother.

GOOD GOD WAS I SMASHED WHEN I WROTE THAT!!! LMAO!!!! Got home from work, showered, and in 45 mins, did my 9thh shot of whiskey. Then, posted...... ;D