Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How Beer Saved the World  (Read 6571 times)

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
Re: How Beer Saved the World
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 08:31:57 pm »
I think this show was excellent and provided plenty of experts in the field from basic beer bloggers/writers, historians, to scientists , the producers made the show "for the standard idiot to understand" but most of it was solid stuff. Dr. Gregg Smith, Dr. Pat McGovern and Moreen Ogle are no slackers , yes there are assumptions as to the progressions of how people acted and thought about beer, but I wager 90% of what they presented was fact, the human condition is repeated throughout history without a doubt, look what we are doing today, yes, technology is advanced , but the human spirit almost unchanged in thousands of years.

You can watch the whole episode for free on Youtube, just search it , it's in 3 parts commercial free.
Brewing up history

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: How Beer Saved the World
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »
I just finished reading Charlie Bamforth's book on kindle.  I fund it entertaining, and fairly informative.  Not a lot on the history of beer, but more on the history of the modern breweries, and how it affects our modern society.  It's not a how to on brewing, no recipes, and it's not an infomercial for any one company. (Although Mr. Bamforth did work for Bass, and was endowed by Anheuser/Busch) I enjoyed the book.  Take it for what its worth.
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.