Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Budweiser Project 12  (Read 8397 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Budweiser Project 12
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:23 pm »
I happen to like Coors and Miller High Life as long as they are in the can. Bud just has a sour flavor I can't get behind. After some strenuous sweaty output one tastes fairly good but Buttwiper turns in my mouth if I try for more.

see, people are talking about liver, brain damage etc,  i am more concerned that you are doing strenuous exercise.  ughh. :o
Don AHA member

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »
Is it bad that I love Schlitz? Ever since they changed back to the "Gusto" recipe.

Haha, no! I also like Schlitz - Classic 1960's Recipe Schlitz, that is.  :D

Back in the 70s I was a wine salesman for a wholesale wine house that was also a distributor for Schlitz, and Old Milwaukee.  Us guys on the wine side of the business had a standing joke:  "Schlitz is the German word for skunk piss."   ::)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »
Here is an interesting article sort of related to this topic.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Extremely informative! Wish I had bought some stock 4 years ago... Great from the investor's point of view and not so great from the loyal consumers'- who are now voting with their wallets. And once consumer confidence is gone and particularly with beer it is hard to win them back.

I happen to like Coors and Miller High Life as long as they are in the can. Bud just has a sour flavor I can't get behind. After some strenuous sweaty output one tastes fairly good but Buttwiper turns in my mouth if I try for more.

see, people are talking about liver, brain damage etc,  i am more concerned that you are doing strenuous exercise.  ughh. :o

I know but it happens sometimes. 8)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Interesting article, but the title is so hyperbolic it turns me off.   There is NO "plot to destroy America's beer".  There is simply a way of running a business that isn't good for beer.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline punatic

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

No worries, I'm still riding my bike 12.5 miles every morning.  That way I sweat out all the adult beverages I consumed the night before. ;D

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline punatic

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »

Interesting article, but the title is so hyperbolic it turns me off.   There is NO "plot to destroy America's beer".  There is simply a way of running a business that isn't good for beer.

However, I've heard that Mayor Bloomberg is moving to restrict all beer containers to no larger than 12 oz.   ;)

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bunderbunder

• Cellarman
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »
Favorite quote from that AB-InBev article:

In a telephone interview from Munich, Willy Buholzer, AB InBev’s director of global hops procurement, cheerfully insists that the company still brews the traditional way with Hallertauer Mittelfrüh. He says the reason that AB InBev stopped buying it was that it has a surplus. “We just have too much right now,” Buholzer says. “We need a break for a couple of years.”

Offline punatic

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 12:30:51 pm »

In a telephone interview from Munich, Willy Buholzer, AB InBev’s director of global hops procurement, cheerfully insists that the company still brews the traditional way with Hallertauer Mittelfrüh. He says the reason that AB InBev stopped buying it was that it has a surplus. “We just have too much right now,” Buholzer says. “We need a break for a couple of years.”

AHA!  That confirms my theory that each AB brewery is issued one whole hop cone, which they dutifully wave over each and every batch of beer that they brew!   ;D

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 12:31:19 pm »

However, I've heard that Mayor Bloomberg is moving to restrict all beer containers to no larger than 12 oz.   ;)

As long as he doesn't restrict ABV, I'm OK with that.  12 oz is enough at 10%.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:50 pm »

AHA!  That confirms my theory that each AB brewery is issued one whole hop cone, which they dutifully wave over each and every batch of beer that they brew!   ;D

though i don't necessarily ascribe high hops = good beer. 
Don AHA member

Offline anje

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lafayette, IN
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »
I'd slip it into a cooler at a party full of college students. Someone'll think they're getting awesome beer when they pull those bottles out.

I suppose this only works if you're not recognized by everyone there as a bottomless source for delicious homebrew. 
<-- microbiologist brewster n00b.

Hops and toothpaste don't mix.

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »
Is it bad that I love Schlitz? Ever since they changed back to the "Gusto" recipe.

For American adjunct lagers, I like Schlitz in the brown 12oz bottles.  Cheep and drinkable.