Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Got my CO2 bottles upgraded  (Read 1684 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Got my CO2 bottles upgraded
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »
I went to the welding shop to get a couple of 20 pounders swapped.  After I paid $24, the shop owner traded my bottles for a pair of oddball sized ones-a 40 pounder and a thirty five pounder.  He told me that for the same money they'd last a lot longer.  Can't argue with that logic.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Got my CO2 bottles upgraded
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »
I traded a 5epounder for a ten pounder recently. It only cost me one extra dollar to get the ten pounder filled vs the five pounder.

Gas is cheap.  8)

$18 for 5 lbs
$19 for 10lbs
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:40:10 am »
I went to the welding shop to get a couple of 20 pounders swapped.  After I paid $24, the shop owner traded my bottles for a pair of oddball sized ones-a 40 pounder and a thirty five pounder.  He told me that for the same money they'd last a lot longer.  Can't argue with that logic.

Been dreaming of a new tank upgrade. Get a 20 pound and then fill my 5 pounder from it. What's a good price for that size tank?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:38:17 am »
I went to the welding shop to get a couple of 20 pounders swapped.  After I paid $24, the shop owner traded my bottles for a pair of oddball sized ones-a 40 pounder and a thirty five pounder.  He told me that for the same money they'd last a lot longer.  Can't argue with that logic.

Been dreaming of a new tank upgrade. Get a 20 pound and then fill my 5 pounder from it. What's a good price for that size tank?
The tank will run about 80-100, but you'll also need other stuff like special hoses and fittings to transfer liquid from one tank to another. I don't think it's really economical at the homebrewer level.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:17:21 pm »
I also traded my 5 lb Aluminium tank for 10 lb steel tank.
 5 lb fill = $18
10 lb fill = $23
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:21:13 pm »
I also traded my 5 lb Aluminium tank for 10 lb steel tank.
 5 lb fill = $18
10 lb fill = $23
CO2 is cheap here-$12 for a 20 pound tank, $18 for a 50 pounder, but $10 for a 5 pounder