Tried to do my first DIPA but came in at an OG of 1062 instead of 1070. I guess it was the additional half gallon of wort that I produced which thinned it down and brought down the OG. I had planned to strain the 5 oz of hops that went into the boil, but that proved impossible, the srainer got clogged with hop matter and I ended up just throwing out that greenish 1/2 gallon of wort.
Making a DIPA makes me better understand why those suckers are so expensive, lots of malt and lots of hops, and that's that I used about 30% less hops than Pliney. Ultimately, it looks like a made a big IPA but not an imperial pale ale.