General Category > Zymurgy

2011 Gadgets Issue - rubber grommets for the "Yeast Recovery System"?


I'd like to try Tom Schmidlin's "Yeast Recovery System" as featured in the Jan/Feb 2011 article "10 Homebrew Gadgets", but where does one get the 1/2" and 5/8" rubber grommets mentioned? Are these plumbing supply parts? I'm having trouble finding them. Anyone know?  ???

I got them from the local big box store, Home Depot in my case.

Oh good, the man himself  :). What department of the store did you get them from? Plumbing? Electrical?

It's a cool project. Thanks for sharing it.

Neither, they were with the fasteners.  In one of the drawer things I think.  I brought an inch or so of the hose with me to make sure I'd get a tight fit.

Let me know how it works out for you.  I originally made it to return the blow off yeast to the fermenter, sort of like a Burton Union without the union.  But you can use it to top crop if you just change the depth of the return hose.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version