General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Ideal temperatures on fermentation

(1/4) > >>

brewmonk:
[EDIT: I didn't read the packet close enough. WYeast is not putting out contradictory information.  I humbly apologize for the confusion  :-[ ]

I'm finally getting around to my 2nd batch, and am using Denny's Favorite 50.  The WYeast package it came in has on the package a range of 21-24 degrees C, but when I look on the WYeast website it says 15-21 degrees C.  I'm assuming if I've been fermenting at the higher temps according to the package it won't make much of a difference, but I find the conflicting information odd given they are both from WYeast
Admittedly, the package looks like a generic WYeast package with "Denny's Favorite 50" stamped on it.  I'm in Italy, so I assume there's a WYeast lab affiliate here in Europe somewhere.  Would they have less accurate packaging procedures though?
Since I'm a noobie, I don't know how big the margin of error is on certain things yet.

tschmidlin:
I'm sure Denny will chime in when he sees this, but in case you are in a rush  . . . my notes on Brewtek CL-50, which is what Denny's Favorite is, say to ferment between 60-70F, so 15.5-21.1 F.  It looks like the website is the best source of information in this case.

As far as I know they have dealers in various countries, but there is no European affiliate of Wyeast.  If there is I'd love to hear about it.

phillamb168:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on February 21, 2011, 01:45:59 AM ---As far as I know they have dealers in various countries, but there is no European affiliate of Wyeast.  If there is I'd love to hear about it.

--- End quote ---

You might try contacting Brouwland - they're the major European distributor for Wyeast. http://www.brouwland.com

tschmidlin:
I sent an email to Greg Doss, it might take him a couple of days to get back to me but when he does I'll let you know what he says.

bluesman:
I've used 1450 quite a bit and it ferments nicely at 65F which is about 18C. It has a slight lag but then takes off pretty good and finishes within a few days. I give it at least 14 days before I rack into the keg. I have even fermented in the low 60's with good success.

Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version