Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good headphones?  (Read 3587 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: Good headphones?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:53 am »
Forgot to mention, when I bought them they were like $30. Can't beat it. I've had the same pair for nearly two years, with listening -every day-.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline johnf

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:58:34 am »
For relatively inexpensive and portable headphones I like the Sennheiser PX-100. Sennheiser lists them as $90 but I bought mine several years ago for under $50. They fold up like sunglasses, come with a case, very light and portable but high quality.

I also own in-ear headphones and higher end Sennheiser headphones. The latter are not very portable (and are large) and the former I don't like to use when walking around due to occlusion and because I can't hear traffic or bikes or people.

As a reference point I have always considered Sennheiser to have a similar sound to B&W and Grado to Klipsch. Pretty sure Grado is making some fairly affordable headphones these days.

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 06:41:38 pm »
i just pulled out my little senns and i don't see a number on them, but they are the ones with the clear and black case that fold up like you describe and the cord wraps around the clear part.  i really enjoy them and use them often.  i'm a firm believer in senns, also owning the 490s and the ones used by electronic dance dj's.  i forget the number on them and they are upstairs.

you really can't go wrong with senns and like you said, you can find them for good prices.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 07:49:32 pm »
I have the Shure SE535 earphones. Sound Isolating with triple high-Def MicroDrivers for really big sound with rich bass. Detachable cables.

The sound is heavenly.

The bad news is the price.  >:(
Ron Price

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:38 am »
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada