Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: For da Weaze  (Read 8654 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Re: For da Weaze
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »
Dude, when you are stuck in MSP. make sure you hit the Rock Bottom Brewery, in the D concourse. Awesome pulled pork sandwich, and the IPA is great! I try and schedule all my flights through there with a good three hour lay over.

I'll give it a try.  I'm usually headed elsewhere from DTW at about 4 in the morning but I'll try to set something up for a longer layover at a better time of day.  Can't believe I'd want to spend MORE time in an airport though....

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 06:31:54 am »
I tell ya man, I've been in a lot of airports lately, and MSP seems to be my favorite so far. True, Rock Bottom has a lot to do with it. But, it's clean, and comfortable. Easy to get around, with the trama. The only thing I really don't like about it, is no free WiFi. Gotta pay for the Boingo. I think that is ridiculious. Lots of airports out there with free wifi. Just a way to make a buck.  ::)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »
Phoenix, AZ

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 08:39:15 pm »
http://uncrate.com/stuff/bacon-cologne/

I must have this.......mothers day is just around the corner if any of you needed ideas what to get me.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:16 am »
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 03:00:16 pm »
Next time you're in Minneapolis, grab Pawtucket Patriot and head over to: http://bacontoday.com/events-3/?event_id=550

The Triple Rock used to be my weekend home.
Stop in for a late breakfast, sometime.
Beth will cook you something egg-cellent!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 10:44:24 am »
Just curious if anyone has done the fat washing with bacon for infusing liquor. I don't do the hard stuff hardly anymore and wondered how it worked out.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 04:14:21 pm »
Just curious if anyone has done the fat washing with bacon for infusing liquor. I don't do the hard stuff hardly anymore and wondered how it worked out.

Bacon, eggs and grits for supper.

Not going to sacrifice my good bourbon on an experiment but I just happen to have some Crown that someone gave me. 2 cups are poured awaiting the grease. I figure 4 or 5 tablespoons should do it. Refridgerate over night. I need something to wash down my blood pressure medicine in the morning :D
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:52 pm »
Not going to sacrifice my good bourbon on an experiment but I just happen to have some Crown that someone gave me. 2 cups are poured awaiting the grease. I figure 4 or 5 tablespoons should do it. Refridgerate over night. I need something to wash down my blood pressure medicine in the morning :D

I knew it didn't sound right. Might want to rethink your procedure. http://blenderbooze.blogspot.com/2011/02/fat-washing-process-for-bacon-infused.html

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 10:34:50 pm »
I am still waiting for the Chocolate Bacon beer recipe  ;D
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 06:32:23 am »

I knew it didn't sound right. Might want to rethink your procedure. http://blenderbooze.blogspot.com/2011/02/fat-washing-process-for-bacon-infused.html

Hey, Maxieboy... on procedure, apparently there's different ways to do this. the link you posted talks about putting the bacon into the bourbon. the article I read in Whisky Mag talks about removing the bacon & putting in the grease. so now the tubercle needs to do a side by side on the two methods :D
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:27 am »
Oh, OK, didn't realize you posted the procedure in the other thread. Yes, Tubercle is now commissioned to do the testing.  ;)

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »
OK, tried the procedure described above by adding grease to the Crown.

Put in the fridge overnight. Removed the grease on top. A lot of particulate in the liquid so I strained twice through coffee filters.

Tasted like bacon grease, of all things, with alcohol added. Over whelmed the liquor. Left a very heavy film of grease on the tongue and roof of the mouth.

One taste, poured the rest out.

Not good.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 09:31:39 am »
OK, tried the procedure described above by adding grease to the Crown.

Put in the fridge overnight. Removed the grease on top. A lot of particulate in the liquid so I strained twice through coffee filters.

Tasted like bacon grease, of all things, with alcohol added. Over whelmed the liquor. Left a very heavy film of grease on the tongue and roof of the mouth.

One taste, poured the rest out.

Not good.

Not surprising to me. The other way makes more sense, IMO.

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 09:06:42 am »
Just one more, how about a beer mug?