Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Machine  (Read 1528 times)

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
Beer Machine
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »
Someone sent me this video.  How is this done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKQuxEiK3FI

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Re: Beer Machine
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:25:57 pm »
Joe

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:26:27 pm »
Someone sent me this video.  How is this done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKQuxEiK3FI

There was a thread about this months back. Lo and behold it's on CNN yesterday. It's done with magnets or something like that to fill from the bottom.

My understanding is the profit comes from the cups and not the dispenser; and the increased sales and speedy delivery ought to benefit the venues that adopt this system. I think it's a clever solution.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline dano14041

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:15:30 pm »
The magnets in the bottom of the cups can be made with a logo on them. So advertising could defer the cost of the cups and the consumer has a nice keepsake to take home and stick on the fridge. Sounds like a great idea to me.  ;D
Tulsa, OK

Offline Steve

• Assistant Brewer
  • Been there, done that. And now I've returned
    • Kettle and Cask Beer Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:22:47 am »
The less time you spend on line to get a beer at sports venues will get you back to your seat to see the game. I saw the CNN story. It's a win-win-win-win situation: 1. The inventor will have a good payday. 2. The distributors will get more advertising in the cup which will pay for the device. 3. The beer vendors can serve the beer faster and with less head overflow making happier consumers. 4. The cup doesn't cost anymore to the consumer.

Not sure how it affects recycling of the cup with the magnetic seal.

You have to be smarter than the cup to use it properly... for instance the dude who shoved his finger up through the bottom, breaking the magnetic seal getting soaked with beer.
Steve

"Because beer is food: in cooking, at the table and by the glass. " Lucy Saunders

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:41:29 am »
...Or set it in the cup holder, not realizing that it was on top if a wadded napkin.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:31 am »
As they say..."Time is money"

Pretty nifty design though.
Ron Price

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:08 pm »
Wow that's amazing.  Good points made about the potential for loosing the magnetic seal.  Seems like a great invention to serve that beer fast!  I feel like drinking a PBR now!
Jesse