Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blichmann Therminator wort chiller  (Read 12251 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Blichmann Therminator wort chiller
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 09:22:05 am »
The flow rate was as though the therminator was not even there.  Once I put the ice on the chiller, I opened the valve full throttle, and it flowed through the chiller very nicely.

I love this little device.

Offline benamcg

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »
I just tried my Therminator for the first time ever.  Amazing.  My wife doesnt want to hear me talk about it any more.  Took 7 mins to chill 10 gals! Shortened the brew day considerably.  Truly amazing product (I wish I work my Beer Gun as easily).
My only problem is it took the wort down to 48 degrees! 

Offline Pi

• Brewer
  • "I would never trade tomorrow for today"
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 07:19:45 am »
I made a copper Counterflow chiller, with a March Pump. At some point during the boil, I Recirculate the boiling liquor with the water turned off.This sterilizes the lines. When done I backflush with plenty of water to clean, and that's it. Am I playing "infection roulette"?
Primary:On Reflection APA
Lagering: Vienna
Drinking: Whenever I'm not working or driving

narvin

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:25 am »

Please take a look at the following link that was recommended to me to help control and protect your Therminator, before you start brewing with it. 

http://www.homebrewchatter.com/board/showthread.php?t=2550&highlight=hop+stopper

Yes, I love the hop stopper. Some people have said that cold break can clog it if you recirculate, but with the therminator you shouldn't really need to recirc since it will get you so close to your water temp on the first pass.

If you build one, I'd suggest not bothering with the stainless steel thread to sew it up.  A simple crimping keeps it together fine.