Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vote For Your AHA Governing Committee  (Read 7425 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Vote For Your AHA Governing Committee
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:01 am »
I'm still a little mad about the whole Tech Talk thing but I'll stick around for another year and vote.  Good luck to everybody.

Thanks!

I can certainly respect that. I give you alot of credit for staying and as punatic has said I also think you'll find a great group here. A group with an abundant amount of experience and knowledge that is shared amongst others.

Welcome to the AHA Forum!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:08:40 am by bluesman »
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:01 am »
I'm still a little mad about the whole Tech Talk thing but I'll stick around for another year and vote.  Good luck to everybody.

We're getting close to launching TT2.  We've been beta testing it and as soon as a couple issues are worked out we should be set to go.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 10:26:52 am »
Good luck Ron!

Uh huh... Now I can put a name to that avatar.

Always late to the party, me...   :-[
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 02:38:41 pm »
Good luck Ron!

Uh huh... Now I can put a name to that avatar.

Always late to the party, me...   :-[

It's never too late to join in on the fun here.  8)
Ron Price

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »
We're getting close to launching TT2.  We've been beta testing it and as soon as a couple issues are worked out we should be set to go.

I have been wondering about TT2....I, too am sticking around, I miss TT but I also think that this forum has improved and become less campy (less +1 and me too type posts unless more info is added)....

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 06:56:07 pm »

I have been wondering about TT2....I, too am sticking around, I miss TT but I also think that this forum has improved and become less campy (less +1 and me too type posts unless more info is added)....

This is really good to hear. With all due respect to the other forums (some of which I really enjoy), this forum is the premier beer forum on the internet IMO.
Ron Price

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »

Well, I think this forum was pretty good prior to the demise of tech talk.  But I would agree that the addition of the people that signed up due to tech talk going away has been very positive.  Glad to have  y'all here.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Online dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »

We're hammering out the last minute details on TT2. It's coming right around the corner, I swear!
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »
I will enjoy getting TT2 in my inbox, but I really have made a concerted effort to add whatever knowledge I have gained to whatever topics I can here....and have gotten some inspiring and thoughtful feedback on questions of my own.  I guess, with all things, you get what you give....still, I don't check all of the forum categories, and probably miss some cool stuff that I would otherwise have read in an e-mail.

I certainly see both sides of the coin.

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 10:15:07 am »
Do you use the "Show unread posts since last visit." link in the upper left corner?  I find it very useful to see what's new and decide what I want to read or answer.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 10:21:33 am »
Do you use the "Show unread posts since last visit." link in the upper left corner?  I find it very useful to see what's new and decide what I want to read or answer.

Don't see it. Maybe a mods-only feature?
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 10:41:18 am »

It's normally in the upper right part of the screen (just the word "Unread".  Right under the "Welcome Back screenname"

Denny keeps forgetting he runs an adblocker or something that rearranges his screen  :)
Joe

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 10:44:39 am »

It's normally in the upper right part of the screen (just the word "Unread".  Right under the "Welcome Back screenname"

Denny keeps forgetting he runs an adblocker or something that rearranges his screen  :)

I also think "unread" is what he meant.

Just want to remind everyone voting has already begun and the deadline for casting your Ballot is 11:59 P.M. on March 31st, 2011. But don't delay, Vote Today!

Thanks!

Ron Price

Offline susanr

• Cellarman
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 11:05:42 am »

[/quote]

You don't know how excited this make me!!

Best of luck to all who are running for election - and if you don't vote for me  ;D  Please vote anyway - there are 7 extremely well qualified candidates running for 6 slots - so every vote will count.

Cheers,
Susan

Homebrewing is not my hobby - it is my lifestyle.

BJCP Assistant Exam Director
BJCP Grand Master Judge
former AHA Governing Committee
Prairie Homebrewing Companions
Beer and Meadmaker - 15 years

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 11:12:13 am »

Actually, I use a whole different set of forum "looks" than most people  I forgot....

www.dennybrew.com