Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: C02 line routing Question  (Read 1029 times)

Offline lees_brew

• 1st Kit
C02 line routing Question
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:50:38 pm »
What do you guys/girls do to run your C02 line for your kegs for your frig?  Question is I have my kegs in a normal hous frig and when I carb. I need to have the C02 tank in the frig with it (because the door will not shut). What I have noticed is at room temp the tank guage reads 800psi but it the frig it reads 600psi. Is this normal meaning can I keep bottle in frig and keep in mind at room temp my bottle has more then it shows or is it not good at all to have it in there? I have seen pictures were people have and do not have in their freezer/Frig.

Thanks Again
Lee

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: C02 line routing Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:57:11 pm »
The gauge just reads the pressure of the gas in the bottle.  The colder it is the lower the pressure, but the volume is the same.
I carefully drilled a hole in the side of my fridge for the CO2 hose,  and mounted a 4-way manifold on the inside to distribute the gas to the kegs. 
Putting the CO2 outside the fridge gave me room for at least one more corny, plus I like being able to see the gauges more easily.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »
+1 I did the same.

As a tip for the process, if you want to drill through the wall, use a large nail and heat it with a
lighter or torch. At the spot where you want to drill, use the hot nail to push through the plastic wall into the wall.
Use pliers to hold the nail, don't burn your fingers. It should go through like butter...unless it is metal. Once
through you should be able to feel with the nail if there is any coolant line there or just insulation. The pressure
needed to push the hot nail through the plastic will not be enough to puncture the collant line. Once through and
checked for an open spot, drill. Thay way you dont turn a nice kegorator into a huge paper weight.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:21:04 pm »
I drilled four, FOUR holes in the wall of my fridge and the bottle and distribution manifold are outside. The holes are sized to be JUST smaller than the hose OD, so they fit snug and airtight. It REALLY keeps the inside of the fridge clean.

I drilled a hole on the inside, carefully, and then poked around the insulation and found a clear path to the outside wall.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....