Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chicken feet  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Chicken feet
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »
LMAO!!! Kai made a funny!!!!

It still sounds funny, though. I wonder what other animal by products, that we won't eat, are shipped to other countries where they are a delicacy.

Kai

Most US citizens don't have clue about what they are actually eating most of the time.  If you consume "processed" foods, you are more than likely eating a good number of things most people would turn their noses up at.  The cheaper the cold cut or hot dog is the less likely it is to contain what most would recognize as meat.  There wouldn't be a market for offal if it was used in something that could be sold.  There is really very few parts or an animal that can't be eaten.

I grew up eating things that my kids would die if I served to them.  The old farmers line about using everything but the squeal is alive and well at the Tyson/ConAgra plant down the road.  Nothing goes to waste.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline elauren

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »
I also like chicken feet. My friends also find me weird but this is one of the few delicacies i like on Chinese restaurants.  I am talking of them authentic Chinese restaurants though, not those take-outs.  I tried cooking some with different ingredients.  Try adding some char siu sauce with chili garlice paste and oyster sauce.  Add some sugar and chili powder to your preference.

boulderbrewer

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 10:03:00 pm »
Check with your local egg dealers, in the fall they will have old laying hens to sell in the fall. If you want chicken flavor these are the ones to get. If you are near me I'll lend you my plucker to make life easier!

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »
If you are near me I'll lend you my plucker to make life easier!

That's what she said!! 
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.