Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Who rattles the pans in your house?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Who rattles the pans in your house?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:02 am »
I do the lion's share of the cooking. When I'm cooking, my wife likes to assist. I really enjoy cooking and I'm always planning my next recipe. Sometimes I'll plan the next weekends meals to get a jump on it.
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:11 am »
Pretty much all me in our house.  My wife has gotten better since we got married and can churn out a lasagna or a meatloaf on occasion but the bulk of the cooking falls to me.  I cook all of the meals on the weekends.  During the week she handles the hamburger helpers, chicken nuggets, or sometimes (if I'm lucky) cheeseburgers.

She made me eggs and bacon this morning since it's my birthday but she was nervous about it.  She did a good job on it though.  Very tasty and I didn't have to make it myself  :)

My older son seems interested in cooking, but he's only three so we'll see how that goes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYGO!  8)
Ron Price

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 11:52:20 am »
My wife does most of the evening time cooking, mostly as she's at home earlier. I do most of the breakfast as I'm normally up significantly earlier than she is. All the baking is done by me.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 12:27:23 pm »
The trend among brewers (and among brewers that post in the "about cooking" section of the brewforum!) is going to be markedly in favor of the brewer being the primary cook...such is my case.  It's a hobby for me as much as brewing is, and my wife can do basic stuff, she doesn't enjoy it, so I do 90% of the cooking.  She does baking and sweets, though, because she is more motivated by good old sucrose than I am!  :D

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:07 pm »
yuppers, I am the cook. When my wife and I first moved in together we made a deal that I would do the cooking and clean up the kitchen and she would do all the rest of the house work. hasn't really panned out that way what with school and her being pregnant/giving birth/taking care of the baby but it's not too bad. She does the baking, making bread etc. And Mac and Cheese. I really like to cook so it's not a problem for me. although lately I don't get diner on the table until around 7:30 so we may have to adjust as the kid starts to eat with us.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 01:04:56 pm »
I cook.  Wife bakes. We both clean up our own mess. Been workin' that way for 33 years. Don't see a need for change now.. Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 02:32:46 pm »
In my house, it's a crap shoot as to who will be cooking.  My wife does most of the weekday evening stuff.  We both cook on the weekends, depending on what's on everyone's schedules.  My son can handle the grill and some things on the stove and my oldest daughter is a fair cook and loves to bake.  My 13 and 10 year old girls have been know to cook once in awhile also.  Supper isn't always pretty but it's usually tasty. :D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 04:08:44 pm »
Who rattles the pans in your house?

sounds like a euphamism...
Phoenix, AZ

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:44 pm »
 In Ohio, Holly used to do all the cooking. Then, a couple years ago, inspired by all you men, and mostly Cappo, I took a crack at it. Turned out, I'm very good at it, and love it. Works well for me, because I was really tired of eating some form of dried out over baked chicken every night.
   Here in Idaho, with the in-laws, I still try and do most of it. Hollys mom makes chili, which is always crunchy..... ::) And they like their meat very well done. They seem to think the smoke alarm is some sort of meat timer. Holly just started South Beach Diet today, so now I'm struggling to find recipes that are approved for her.  :-\
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »
They seem to think the smoke alarm is some sort of meat timer.

:D :D :D :D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »
Who rattles the pans in your house?

sounds like a euphamism...

Kinda like, who feeds the cat?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907