Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: N-Pee-OK  (Read 7933 times)

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: N-Pee-OK
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »
Spent grains to the compost pile.

A lot of farmers in many countries use human waste other than urine to fertilize crops. The waste is collected in pits to compost during the year and then it is spread in fields.

My dad told me tales of when he served during the Korean conflict that patrols, especially at night, would come across these when someone would step in them. He said with the snow cover all the terrain looked the same. He also said that luckily they were only about arm pit deep. :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:51:25 pm by tubercle »
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 09:02:25 pm »
Pinnah,
tell me you are NOT planning on brewing a funky belgian bier....  :-\

Too bad you did those hops that way, belgians do use old old hops
to make good good bier with....I do not think they pee on em prior to
the boil however....but then again, it all gets boiled...lol...
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 01:53:14 am »
Pinnah,
tell me you are NOT planning on brewing a funky belgian bier....  :-\

Too bad you did those hops that way, belgians do use old old hops
to make good good bier with....I do not think they pee on em prior to
the boil however....but then again, it all gets boiled...lol...

You can also make soap with old hops. Proef Brouwerij (near Gent I think), brewer of the excellent Agent Provacateur, makes soap with Cascade and Fuggles hops. I have some in the ground floor bathroom, it's really nice.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 09:34:46 am »
Too bad you did those hops that way

Shucks.  As a home hop grower, this place is rife with hops.
That is mostly 08 Magnum with some 09 Cascade and a little 09 brownish Zeus thrown in for aroma. ;)

I do have some 07 4% Mt hood in the freezer, that I am saving for the possibility of future lambic fun-funk.

Now you have me feeling wasteful :-[ 
I bet these grapes of Zeus 2010 would add a nice lemony flameout addition?

On the pisstoon, I am thinking pretty gimmicky, for me at least.  Might be a good thing in an urban system,
with folks trying to teach kids stuff, or with limited nutrients for gardening. 
I have to concentrate to use it, and the view is not as good. ::) ;)

Cheers!

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »
 How did I not notice this thread sooner? I love peeing outside. At night, when I am hanging in the mancave, I just walk around back of it an pee right between the mancave and fence. Think the grass should do well there this summer.

Hilarious thing happend on the way home from the fishing trip last week. One of the dudes had to take a roadside wizz, so he got out and was going next to the trailer we were pulling with out gear. Well, the driver being as big a wise a$$ as me, decided to pull the truck up about  60 foot, leaving my buddy standing there road side, junk in hand, taking a leak for all passing traffic to see. I've not laughed that hard in years!!!  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »
Thank you for that weaz.  I had a simular experience in my younger days. I hadn't thought about it in 30 years.

A friend riding shotgun had me pull over while he jumped out to whiz.  We were on a busy street with lots of traffic.  If I had kept my van still he would have been shielded from everyone; however I chose to move forward about thirty yards.

The sight of him standing there all alone on the side of the road was so funny I couldn't drive for 20 minutes cause I was laughing so hard.  I'm wiping tears away now laughing at the memory.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »
The sad thing about today's world is if either of your buddies got noticed by the cops they could now be charged and forced to register on the sex offender's registry.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 01:56:30 pm »
The sad thing about today's world is if either of your buddies got noticed by the cops they could now be charged and forced to register on the sex offender's registry.

True. It happened to me but I was released due to "lack of evidence"!  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:59 pm »

True. It happened to me but I was released due to "lack of evidence"!  :D

In Vermont law you can walk around stark naked (men and women) as long as you don't draw attention to yourself. This leads to a yearly naked run through Burlington (the biggest city in the state). Ahh Vermont IS what america used to be.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 02:00:50 pm »
When kids were younger on one road trip, they both needed to get out on the side of the interstate to take care of business.  "Uber Cool" older brother (pre-teen) is mortified once he realizes why passing truckers are honking at them.  He looks beside him and sees "Four Year Old" brother standing next to him with his pants around his ankles mooning all the traffic as he did his stuff.
Joe

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 02:07:07 pm »
Does anyone else want to admit to being the guy on the side of the road instead of the one in the car laughing?  It's been years, thanks for bringing that one back ;D

Only in the US.  Remember the 17 year old in Georgia who got 10 years for getting consensual oral from a 15 year old?  They called it "aggravated child molestation".  The law has since been changed but they forbid it being applied retroactively.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_v._State_of_Georgia
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 02:13:15 pm »
Does anyone else want to admit to being the guy on the side of the road instead of the one in the car laughing?  It's been years, thanks for bringing that one back ;D

Only in the US.  Remember the 17 year old in Georgia who got 10 years for getting consensual oral from a 15 year old?  They called it "aggravated child molestation".  The law has since been changed but they forbid it being applied retroactively.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_v._State_of_Georgia

If you should wish to be more PC, in the future please refer to that as a Lewinsky.   ;)

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »
If you should wish to be more PC, in the future please refer to that as a Lewinsky.   ;)
;D

Just trying not to violate forum rules against explicit sexual language.  Lewinsky it is, as long as no one gets confused and thinks there's a cigar involved or blue dresses are required. ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 02:20:27 pm »
If you should wish to be more PC, in the future please refer to that as a Lewinsky.   ;)
;D

Just trying not to violate forum rules against explicit sexual language.  Lewinsky it is, as long as no one gets confused and thinks there's a cigar involved or blue dresses are required. ;)

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 06:07:01 pm »
How did I not notice this thread sooner? I love peeing outside. At night, when I am hanging in the mancave, I just walk around back of it an pee right between the mancave and fence. Think the grass should do well there this summer.

Hilarious thing happend on the way home from the fishing trip last week. One of the dudes had to take a roadside wizz, so he got out and was going next to the trailer we were pulling with out gear. Well, the driver being as big a wise a$$ as me, decided to pull the truck up about  60 foot, leaving my buddy standing there road side, junk in hand, taking a leak for all passing traffic to see. I've not laughed that hard in years!!!  ;D

I just about blew my drink out through my nose. That is funny as hell Weaz.

The good news is that he didn't get arrested for indecent exposure, urinating on public property and whatever else the officer could conjure up.
Ron Price