Hey everybody, back after a few days (just got a chest freezer and did the kegerator conversion routine). So I tried a quick fermentation test with Safale US-05 and S-04 packets, no results. I did try pitching a super high gravity yeast (WLP-099) on one of my stuck fermentations in the carboy, and it got right to work. I also plan on checking all of my thermometers with a friend's that don't reside in my brew room. Otherwise, I'll be adjusting my mash schedule somewhat, although I am still left puzzled as to why I began having these issues about 10 batches ago, (well after switching to a 20gal Blichmann mash tun).
On a side note about the saison, the grain bill was formulated to get a high FG beer, since I don't like the bitingly dry traditional style. Instead of getting a dry and thin beer, I was looking to replace dry for hoppy bitterness, and let this offset the residual sweetness. Toward the end of secondary, I pitched an Abbey Ale yeast starter on the whole shebang to play up the Belgian influence, and the results were great, until I got a much higher FG on the last attempt. Oh, and the sacc. rests were 45 min @ 147 and 25 min @ 158. Cheers!