Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: C02 tank and force carbonating  (Read 5703 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: C02 tank and force carbonating
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »
The low pressure gauge I know is to set the pressure for my beer, which I know how to do. Is the high pressure gauge simply to tell me how much gas is left in the tank, if so ive already used up my gas because the needles in the red? Damn leak!

going to take some more soapy water to the fittings
I suggest Star-San. It foams like crazy at the leak, and you won't have soapy residue all over your kegging equipment to clean up later. Good luck!

+1

Starsan solution in a spray bottle is the trick. When I setup my four tap kegeator I found all six of my leaks using starsan solution. It took about an hour to find them but it works and you'll rest easy knowing you are leak free.  ;)

Ron Price

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
Re: C02 tank and force carbonating
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:41:12 pm »
Not at zero yet, but im going to go ahead and refill the tank. I think I solved the leak, its been sitting steady at 13psi for a few hours.

Cheers!

I like a two tank approach, that way if one poops out on you, just swap it out and fill the other at your leisure.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member