Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1/2 barrel kegs.  (Read 2207 times)

Offline quest4watneys

• Assistant Brewer
  • Indianapolis, IN
1/2 barrel kegs.
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:17 am »
Does anyone know a place to get 1/2 barrel kegs (15 gallon)? I'm easing my way into AG (finished my home-made mash tun last night thanks to John Palmer :) ) and really like the look of converted kegs. I've tried the obvious web sites (Craig's List and eBay) but there are slim pickin's. I've also called my local micro-brewery with no luck and even called my LHBS who informed me they no longer 'handle' them because it's considered theft to be in possession of a keg with a commercial brewery's name on it. I've heard you can actually buy them new but I've had no luck in finding any online or otherwise. Thanks!
I'm now an official AHA member!

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
Re: 1/2 barrel kegs.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:05:06 am »
Contact any breweries that are near you. Most sell their kegs for scrap price when they are past their useful life. Useful to the brewery, that is. They're still fine for homebrewing purposes.
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:20:42 am »
Where are you located??
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline quest4watneys

• Assistant Brewer
  • Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:30:33 am »
Where are you located??

Indianapolis, IN.
I'm now an official AHA member!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:50:04 am »
OK, if you ever get up this way I've got a few primo, legal 1/2 bbls I'd sell ya.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member