Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Visiting an old friend  (Read 916 times)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Visiting an old friend
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »
My first recipe that I created all by myself, after months of research(reading and tasting) was my Belgian strong dark ale affectionately known as the Belgian Ball Buster.  On our first real trip to Belgium back in 1999 I was a beer idiot and had no idea that Belgium was beer paradise.  Fortunately I stumbled across the Haalf Maan Brewery in Brugge and fell in love with their Strong Henry ale.
Since 2000 I've tried to have this beer on tap all the time, and it's been the beer that turned a lot of people onto craft beer and homebrewing.  But about 3 or 4 years ago I quit drinking it on a regular basis as I tried new styles.  I still kept it on tap for friends, it just didn't interest me anymore.
Tonight I poured one for the first time in months and I'm hooked again.  I love this beer.
Who else had gone back to a beer you lost interest in?
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Visiting an old friend
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:21:30 am »
I've had a couple of styles I kind of overworked when I was developing recipes, and got sick of.  Belgian dubbel and British bitter.  I've recently come back to enjoying best bitter, haven't got my taste back for dubbel yet.  I'm sure it will happen, and I do enjoy brewing them.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO