Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Brewing Recipe Site - Please Help Spread The Word!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline randyklein

• 1st Kit
New Brewing Recipe Site - Please Help Spread The Word!
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:20:33 pm »
I wanted to share my latest creation. http://www.BrewItAgain.com. Its a web 2.0 brewing recipe site.  I'm hoping it becomes the de facto brewing recipe site.

Please check it out, use it, let me know what you think, and most importantly, pass the word along!  Thanks

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
Re: New Brewing Recipe Site - Please Help Spread The Word!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:07:01 pm »
Looks quite interesting.  I will be checking it out and probably posting some recipes!

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:21 pm »
What does "save" do? Can I import it into brewsmith or some other program? Or would that be defeating the purpose?
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:05:59 am »
Hi,

I checked out a few of the recipes and I noticed there isn't any mention of # gallons on them.  Are all the recipes for 5 gallons?

Cheers,
   Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline randyklein

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:53:55 am »
Wanted to give a quick update.  The two most requested features have been better grain type visibility, and import / export.

Ive done a little work to make the grain type clearly visible on all of the pages.  For those of you that requested this, let me know what you think.  Also, i'll be putting an update in very shortly to allow you to be able to filter within the categories by things like grain, rating, OG, etc...

Once I get that finished, i'm going to start working on the import export.  I expect that to be a bit of work, but hopefully it will be in there shortly.   

Lastly, i'm working to get batch sizes in there for all of the recipes.  That should be done very soon.

Offline randyklein

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:18 am »
Another quick update about the site.  I put in a nice little filter feature.  When you are viewing a category.  You can now filter by things like: Recipe type (all grain, extract, partial), OG, FG, and recipe rating.  Next up on the todo list is the much anticipated beerXML import.

Offline quest4watneys

• Assistant Brewer
  • Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:59:21 am »
Looks good!
I'm now an official AHA member!

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 08:19:30 am »
Take this as constructive criticism.  The categories are pretty vague, I think they should be a little more specific.  For instance where would I post my recipe for a Dusseldorf alt?  Even categories for Belgian, German or UK style would be better than what you have right now.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline Boston Brewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 03:02:08 pm »
Off to a nice start.
It looks like you put a lot of effort into this and I really hope this takes off!

I really like the RSS Feeds for new recipes,  the newsletter feature and the advanced search.

It would be great to be able to download (and upload) the recipes in formats that support popular brewing software (Promsah, Beersmith, etc) and also have the ability to print  a brew sheet straight from the website.

Just out of curiosity, is the site built on Wordpress or another package, or is it based on a back end that you designed? :) :) :)

Best of luck!

Dave

Offline randyklein

• 1st Kit
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »
A quick update. BrewItAgain now has a BeerXML recipe import! You can import recipes by going to the "add recipe" page and selecting "import". Please import your favorite recipes!

Offline Lynux

• Cellarman
  • Beer geek and hop head
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 01:10:25 pm »
Looks like you are off to a great start here!  I will echo what was stated above about categories.  Why not use the BJCP guidelines for style categories?  You could still keep the MISC category for those crazy concoctions that don't fit any particular style.  I think this would greatly help people who are searching for a specific recipe.

I'll be sure to upload some recipes soon.
A good brew will quench the parched soul