Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: White Labs WLP570 Smoothie!  (Read 8866 times)

Offline jwaldner

• Cellarman
Re: White Labs WLP570 Smoothie!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:52 am »
Perhaps I'm being too fussy about the clarity.  According to the BJCP guidelines it should have "good clarity" as opposed to some other styles "very clear," "brillantly clear" or even just "clear." I guess "good" is just a subjective term anyway when it comes to judging.

It just seems a bit odd I have to bottle it to get the clarity to even a "good" level and in the keg it won't seem to clear at all.  I wonder if carbonating right away after kegging rather than letting the yeast settle out for several weeks makes a difference?

Cheers

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 12:17:51 pm »

And I drank four Duvel's last week and I couldn't claim they were very bright. It's a slightly hazy beer as it is.

??? looks rather clear to my eyes

clicky>

Oh well. Not my experience at all. Not once. Nice pic though. I feel snacky. ;)

Euge counters with! Never mind the Chimay- I've broken my other goblets...

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:25 am »

Served at the proper temps?

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 10:42:15 am »

I was wondering about this. Mine have always been served cooled to the mid 40's, and I've always assumed there's a slight chill-haze. I didn't see any condensation on your two glasses there, so was wondering if they were poured closer to room temp. :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 05:32:06 am »

I was wondering about this. Mine have always been served cooled to the mid 40's, and I've always assumed there's a slight chill-haze. I didn't see any condensation on your two glasses there, so was wondering if they were poured closer to room temp. :)

The pic was taken outside -mid 40s @ in Belgium so....  ;)

I bet your seeing chill haze.