Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Swamp Head Rocks!!  (Read 1370 times)

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
Swamp Head Rocks!!
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:01:41 pm »
Gainesville's own Swamp Head Brewery just rocked the pro competition at the Best Florida Beer Competition (which includes separate homebrew & pro competitions).

Here is a link to the results....   http://www.bestfloridabeer.org/pro/BFBC2011ProMedals.html

Swamp Head took heavy metal honors with:
7 gold medals
3 Silver medals
1 Bronze medal

This included both Best in Show 1st and 2nd place. Also congrats to this Forum's own Jeffy (aka Jeff Gladish) for his assist on the 2nd place best of show beer.

Swamp Head has been on a tear recently. They opened their long awaited tasting room a couple of weeks ago and it's off to a roaring start. This is another home brewer goes pro story, as Craig Birkmaier learned to brew as a home brewer & member of our Hogtown Brewers. It's great to be able to root for the home team and have them do well... especially when you get to drink their award winning beer.
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: Swamp Head Rocks!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:47:37 pm »

Also congrats to this Forum's own Jeffy (aka Jeff Gladish) for his assist on the 2nd place best of show beer.

Remember last year when I posted that I was gonna smoke 150 pounds of malt?  That went into this 10 bbl batch.
Craig Birkmaier is yet another homebrewer gone pro.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:23 am »
That's awesome, congrats to everyone involved!
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:27:21 am »

This included both Best in Show 1st and 2nd place. Also congrats to this Forum's own Jeffy (aka Jeff Gladish) for his assist on the 2nd place best of show beer.

Swamp Head has been on a tear recently. They opened their long awaited tasting room a couple of weeks ago and it's off to a roaring start. 

Hey!  Congrats Jeff!

A brewery with a tasting room in Gainesville (home of U of F) is on a tear.  Who'd a thunk it, eh?  Go figure...
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907