Admittedly, my buddies and I are the three stooges of brewing. The last time we got together and brewed we had the first batch go well (extract pils, set-up to clean in 2.5 hours), thought we were going to have a smooth brew day, when things started to go wrong.
A six (6!) hour mash (still didn't completely convert), a leaky propane connection, two broken thermometers (one in a finished, cool kettle of wort), set the dog on fire - twice, an immersion chiller that wouldn't cooperate, dramatically dropping temperatures, and an overnight pause before getting the last boil in, and we finally got the remaining three batches complete.
That last bit about the overnight pause - that gives me a side-by-side comparison as I did two of the same batches that day, completing the first, but with all the other ^*%*&% happening, it got dark and cold, and I had a house full of people to entertain, so I delayed the boil of the second batch after completing the sparge. I just put Saran wrap over the keggle and moved it inside.
I'll be bottling this weekend, so I'll taste both and give you an update.