Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer pickers!  (Read 3689 times)

Offline dano14041

• Brewer
Re: Beer pickers!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03:09 pm »
Cool...... Something similar happening over here:

http://ozarkmedievalfortress.com/

This is in my neck of the woods. I was going to take a weekend trip last fall to see it with a girlfriend, but the girlfriend fell thru, so I didn't go. I will have to make a trip over this spring.

I was trying to figure out how to make something that would fold-up/disassemble easily, still look period and hide the "modern" kegs, thus the box. The jockey box in a barrel (I like that description!) would give it a nice period touch.

Maybe I could dress as a Monk instead of a Scot, and make it even more period.  ;D I have a start on a tonsure. LOL!
Tulsa, OK

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 03:46:46 pm »
I got on crigslist and asked about corny kegs and a guy in Roswell called me with 6 for $150.  They had belonged to his inlaws and had been in his barn for about 12 years.  They looked nasty but they all still had pressure, and when i got them home they were absolutely immaculate on the inside.  But as  I was loading them in my truck he asked if I had any use for a jockey box(he called it a cooler with taps) so for another $20 I brought it home.  The cooler isn't in good shape and the faucet are plastic soda faucets, but it has a 4 way cold plate, a manifold and lots of ball lock fittings. 
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:10:19 am »
I got on crigslist and asked about corny kegs and a guy in Roswell called me with 6 for $150.  They had belonged to his inlaws and had been in his barn for about 12 years.  They looked nasty but they all still had pressure, and when i got them home they were absolutely immaculate on the inside.  But as  I was loading them in my truck he asked if I had any use for a jockey box(he called it a cooler with taps) so for another $20 I brought it home.  The cooler isn't in good shape and the faucet are plastic soda faucets, but it has a 4 way cold plate, a manifold and lots of ball lock fittings. 

SCORE!
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....