Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging Initiated  (Read 10335 times)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: Kegging Initiated
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
Nothing spectacular but here's a pic of the setup after a day:

Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »

Looks nice man. Jeez I'm trying to justify getting another freezer now.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 02:31:17 am »
100 gallons of beer brewed, never bottled a drop. Keggies rock.

As far as appliances and the wife.... use one of her tricks.

"Oh THAT freezer? I've had that for years......"
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:36 am »
Ahhh.... Not sure how long you have been married but there are ways; take it from an old timer.

A surprise "date" with an expensive dinner (I mean, you got to eat something, right?), and a small gift of some sort of jewelry (catch it on sale) as "a small token of appreciation for putting up with me and all of my making a mess with all the brewing stuff I do. Thank you and I love you more for it. I never imagined anyone could have a more understanding wife, compassionate companion and best friend" will go farther than you will ever imagine. A few small tears doesn't hurt.

Strike while the iron is hot! In the moment of rhapsody..."All I need is one more small chest freezer then I will have reached the zenith of happiness", and then, little grasshopper, it shall be yours.

Tubercle has many things 8)

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work for me.  She'd be upset at how much we spent on the dinner and doesn't care much for jewelry.  I'd have to either appeal to her impeccable logic, or help her out in the garden!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:40 pm »

You won't reget this really nice setup. No lookin' back now man!  8)

Looks great!
Ron Price

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 03:54:15 pm »
Looks good to me! Looks like 5, maybe 6 kegs will fit in the deep part. Awesome. I've been limping along with a fridge doing double duty as ferm chamber and kegerator but recently freed up the cash for a new chest freezer. I already have all the parts for a 4 banger. Keezerator here I come!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline dano14041

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
There is one major drawback I have found to kegging.

The kegs empty faster than bottles.  ;) I think mine all have black holes in the bottom.  :o
Tulsa, OK

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »
Kegging is awesome. The kegging process is easier and less time consuming than bottling and they seem to find a way to become empty rather quickly. That's why I like to keep at least four in the chamber at least semi-loaded at all times with a couple waiting in line.  ;D
Ron Price

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 08:52:40 pm »

The kegs empty faster than bottles.  ;) I think mine all have black holes in the bottom.  :o

Critical equilibrium seems to be reached when one has more than 7 and brews 10G weekly.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 02:25:32 am »
100 gallons of beer brewed, never bottled a drop. Keggies rock.

As far as appliances and the wife.... use one of her tricks.

"Oh THAT freezer? I've had that for years......"

ROFLMAO!!! That is fantastic...
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 09:39:33 am »
My wife says to me this morning..."hmmm, having those beer taps could be dangerous." :D

Offline Will's Swill

• Brewer
  • Secretly likes wine...
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:37 am »

Critical equilibrium seems to be reached when one has more than 7 and brews 10G weekly.

Holy &^$&, Batman!  :o You either throw a lot of parties or you must have a liver the size of Rhode Island!
Is that a counter-pressure bottle filler in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 11:12:49 am »
All I can say is that I got 4 kegs recently and kegged my first beer.  I'll never bottle again.  But, we drank the whole 5 gallons in a week which was a bit scary. Having beer on tap, at my fingertips, at any hour of the day may be too much temptation for someone like me. 

Thought maybe I should shake the kegs once in a while so I'd be forced to wait for them to settle back down but I'd probably just end up drinking the foam. :)

I have 4 now and I can tell you that I'll probably have 4 more real soon!

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 12:52:23 pm »
All I can say is that I got 4 kegs recently and kegged my first beer.  I'll never bottle again.  But, we drank the whole 5 gallons in a week which was a bit scary. Having beer on tap, at my fingertips, at any hour of the day may be too much temptation for someone like me. 

Thought maybe I should shake the kegs once in a while so I'd be forced to wait for them to settle back down but I'd probably just end up drinking the foam. :)

I got me a pitcher to fill from the keg so I don't have to keep getting up.

That's not lazy, it pragmatic ;D
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 12:59:01 pm »

I got me a pitcher to fill from the keg so I don't have to keep getting up.

That's not lazy, it pragmatic ;D

I'm seriously considering moving the kegerator out of the kitchen and into the living room next to the couch. ;) But then how would I get my exercise?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis