Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging Initiated  (Read 10280 times)

Offline Will's Swill

• Brewer
  • Secretly likes wine...
Re: Kegging Initiated
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 03:04:22 pm »
Use a bigger glass - increases the weight of your "curls".  :D
Is that a counter-pressure bottle filler in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »
All I can say is that I got 4 kegs recently and kegged my first beer.  I'll never bottle again.  But, we drank the whole 5 gallons in a week which was a bit scary. Having beer on tap, at my fingertips, at any hour of the day may be too much temptation for someone like me. 

Thought maybe I should shake the kegs once in a while so I'd be forced to wait for them to settle back down but I'd probably just end up drinking the foam. :)

I have 4 now and I can tell you that I'll probably have 4 more real soon!

I got me a pitcher to fill from the keg so I don't have to keep getting up.

That's not lazy, it pragmatic ;D

I'm seriously considering moving the kegerator out of the kitchen and into the living room next to the couch. ;) But then how would I get my exercise?

Exercise, schmexercise.

A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:53 pm »
Didn't take me very long to fill up the freezer.  Got the three way gas distributor successfully hooked up so I can keep four kegs on the gas.  Once I get the collar built and move the gas outside I'll have room for six in there.

Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 07:44:15 pm »
A full Keezer is a happy keezer.  ;D
Ron Price

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 06:07:32 pm »
There is one major drawback I have found to kegging.

The kegs empty faster than bottles.  ;) I think mine all have black holes in the bottom.  :o

Critical equilibrium seems to be reached when one has more than 7 and brews 10G weekly.

Holy &^$&, Batman!  :o You either throw a lot of parties or you must have a liver the size of Rhode Island!

Ever since I started brewing I have friends..... In fact there's a shelf over the fridge where I put hooks for a few mugs....friends are getting their own hook and bringing a mug.... Also, whenever we go visit someone I fill up at least one, sometimes two growlers.....it goes quickly.

Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....