Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Amsterdam  (Read 7233 times)

Offline adrie

• 1st Kit
    • Bierbrouwerij Het Witte Paard
Re: Amsterdam
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 04:52:29 am »
I was station in Netherlands for 2yrs... best part of my military career! ;D
There are pubs all over the place, all you have to do is start walking and you'll find one... they usually have a really good selection of dutch, belgian and english beers in them...

Oh. Maybe you can tell me where I can find English beers? The only beers you can find here are Guinness (Irish) and Murphy's Irish Red (Irish, but brewed by Heineken in Den Bosch (the Netherlands)).

The "winds of change" have been blowing hard for a number of now so I don't see much give on this from Geert Wilders.
Maybe Adrie could give some info from a Dutchman`s point of view.

I could, but I won't because that would be a political discussion. Let's talk about beer here.
Who thinks knowledge is expensive, does not know how much stupidity costs.

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 06:52:27 am »
Hoi Adrie.......aangenaam. Hollander, al een paar jaar (28) in Amerika. Waar zit je in Holland?
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:17 am »
so yea, the ones you mentioned plus I found some others... sometimes...not on reg basis, but I was all over the country; Amsterdam, Maastrict, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Haag... and those fries with mayo... hated it.
Phoenix, AZ

Offline adrie

• 1st Kit
    • Bierbrouwerij Het Witte Paard
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:21 am »
Hoi Adrie.......aangenaam. Hollander, al een paar jaar (28) in Amerika. Waar zit je in Holland?

Ik woon in Zutphen. Mooie stad! Kijk maar eens op mijn website.
Who thinks knowledge is expensive, does not know how much stupidity costs.

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »
Checked your site....impressive. Tried to leave a message on the blog.... couldn't get that to stick. I'm in Holland once in a while for a day, maybe some time I can make it out to Zutphen.....
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline elauren

• 1st Kit
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:22 am »
Check out a neighborhood called de Jordaan near the city center. That neighborhood has some of the coolest beer-centric taverns (or bruin caves) in Europe. Just walk around there and stumble into whatever bar you fancy. Many permit tobacco smoking, too, though it is technically prohibited.

I was in Amsterdam last summer with a couple of friends and we rented an apartment close to the Jordaan area. I really liked it there, nice pubs and great beer. Should definitely try it out.