Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This Calls For a Beer!  (Read 10905 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: This Calls For a Beer!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 08:01:12 am »
I am coordinating the first ever AHA/BJCP sponsored homebrew competition in the first state of Delaware. I am the judging director of "The Battle of the Brews" at The Delaware State Fair. Come one ...come all...registration begins on April 1st.

http://battleofthebrews.webs.com/

...and fingers crossed for the AHA GC election as I'm sure Tom's are as well.  8)

Where is the second state of Delaware? Or is that Maryland?  ;)

Good question.

I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell you that when you drive through Delaware on I-95, don't blink because you'll miss it. We are the second smallest state in the US next to Rhode Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmVTbWHgFc Rhode Island!
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 08:10:33 am »

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 08:34:06 am »
Oh man, you can't fool me.  Everybody knows Delaware is just a rest area on I95 at the MD/NJ border.  Just check the return address on your credit card statement; it's the address for that rest area!   ;)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 08:43:49 am »
I finished grading some term papers, and submitted my manuscript to the publishers.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:38 am »
First of all I have not killed my wife of 30 years as she finally finishes her Masters in public health nursing.
Second since taking over pretty much complete control of the company I work for after the death of the owner we're more profitable than ever.  I actually have little to do with that since the price of oil means exploration in our area is booming.  But we're about to close a deal which will enable us to build and sell the electronic equipment needed to do our job.  That's something my old boss would have never allowed to happen, we've been working with 1970's technology because in his words "it's paid for and it still works".   As our competitors moved ahead we fell behind in the technology aspect.  Now our competitors will have to buy equipment from us.  So we're branching out into the manufacturing world and I'm pretty excited about it.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 08:54:09 am »
I feel a little inadequate after reading all the wonderfull things y'all are up to!

on the other hand I have done a couple of things

I helped my wife give birth to a wonderful baby and have managed to keep him alive since november! (knock on wood)
I was offered a major promotion at work (In a year or two, when the other guy retires)
Bought my first NEW car. (probably the last one as well, unless I manage to save enough for the TESLA S in the next couple of years)
Built myself an immersion chiller that really works.
Tacked another year onto the longest, best and most rewarding romantic relationship I have ever had or hope to have. (3 years married, 6 years together)

That's about it. guess that will have to do
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 08:56:27 am »
Oh man, you can't fool me.  Everybody knows Delaware is just a rest area on I95 at the MD/NJ border.  Just check the return address on your credit card statement; it's the address for that rest area!   ;)

LOL...that is pretty much the truth.

There is some interesting beer history in Delaware. The Dutch and Germans were the first to settle here in the early 1600's. Here's a cool factoid on beer history in Delaware.

http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/delaware_medkeff.shtml
Ron Price

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:48 am »
ummmm.  I can't compete with any of this. :'(
Don AHA member

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 10:15:55 am »
Neither can I.  I'm just thankful for being able to brew at will, but most importantly I'm thankful for healthy grand babies, and more on the way. I'll hoist one to that!!  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:46 am »
Eluded the Grim Reaper one more year... A call for a beer if I ever heard one!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 10:19:32 am »
but most importantly I'm thankful for healthy grand babies, and more on the way. I'll hoist one to that!!  Cheers!!!

That's what really counts as success in my book!

Cheers!  8)
Ron Price

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 10:20:41 am »

Eh I don't think the OP intended to have this be a competition. That's certainly not why I posted.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23:48 am »

Eh I don't think the OP intended to have this be a competition. That's certainly not why I posted.

I concur.

All just in good fun.  :)
Ron Price

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 11:24:57 am »
My idea was to share good news - large, small, medium kine - it's all good!  If it makes you happy, share!

It was such a great feeling to finish that project, I just wanted to crow a bit.

A really cool unintended benefit is getting to see the diversity of activities that members of this forum participate in.

I meant to start the thread in The Pub but goofed up and put it in General Homebrew Discussion.  That's what drinking Bigfoot will do to ya...

BTW. Who is General Homebrew anyway, Charlie?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:35:43 am by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:32 am »
One more thing . . . my twins turn 6 today ;D  They were very excited, not just because of the presents but because they got to pick a lot of stuff that they usually have little or no control over.  They had pancakes and poached eggs on toast for breakfast, I drove them to school instead of them taking the bus, they're having fudgsicles and fruit-sicles at school, they'll take the bus home instead of going to the after school program at taekwondo, we'll have pizza and macaroni and cheese with a crust on top for dinner, and if I can find it we're going to watch Megamind tonight.  I think I'll meet them at the bus stop with balloons. :)  Very fun, happy day.

It really is great to see all of the positive stuff going on in people's lives.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:37:47 am by tschmidlin »
Tom Schmidlin