Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This Calls For a Beer!  (Read 10812 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: This Calls For a Beer!
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »
virtually no chance i will be able to retire until i am forced out.  my son's will be retired before i can afford too.
Don AHA member

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2011, 06:06:15 pm »
I've had a couple little victories. Today, I got all my brew stuff out of storage, finally, and moved to my buddies where I will be setting up shop. Tomorrow, I am going over to organize, and clean.

And, I'm coming up on my first year of Idaho life. Before I came here, I think I made it quite cleat that I would rather be tied to a chair and kicked down a flight of stairs than move here. Turns out, next to Holly and brewing, it;s the best thing that's ever happened to me.  Think I'll have a beer tonight.  :D

(good thread)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2011, 06:21:17 am »
I've had a couple little victories. Today, I got all my brew stuff out of storage, finally, and moved to my buddies where I will be setting up shop. Tomorrow, I am going over to organize, and clean.

And, I'm coming up on my first year of Idaho life. Before I came here, I think I made it quite cleat that I would rather be tied to a chair and kicked down a flight of stairs than move here. Turns out, next to Holly and brewing, it;s the best thing that's ever happened to me.  Think I'll have a beer tonight.  :D

(good thread)
I haven't jumped in here yet, but damn, if a thread's got the official Weaze Samp of Approval, I'm there. Nothing huge in my life recently so I'll throw out two things....

first, the big victories & milestones are wonderful and deserve a raised glass but don't forget to appreciate all the little things we so often forget. life is sweet and it's the details that make it so on a daily basis.

and second, the toasts themselves are often things of beauty, small gems of poetry, philosophy, blessings and we shout them out with a raised glass but don't stop to appreciate them enough. Many are essentially wishes for good health - slainte, salud, na zdrowie. Some celebrate companionship & the moment - prosit, cheers, cin-cin, noroc, here's to you. Then there are those that celebrate the drink its ownself - down the hatch kampai, bottoms up.  My favorites are those to life itself - l'chaim or the incredible Costa Rican pura vida. Pura Vida means Pure Life. The Ticas (Costa Ricans) use it for everything... hello, goodbye, a toast, when a beautiful woman walks by, pretty much appreciation of everything that happens.

So, I'll raise my glass to all y'all, Pura Vida!!
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 09:00:20 am »
well if we are taking in to account child rearing.  both my son's are eagle scouts.  they both are in NROTC at ohio state and are engineering majors.  The oldest will be graduating soon and off to pensacola for flight school (he has the common sense to stay off submarines)  and my daughter is a fantastic pitcher.   :D

I have a T-shirt signed by Trader Jon........ ;D (No I'm not Navy.....not counting a year and a half destroying roads in Holland in a tank I am a civilian puke....)
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....